By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of the Abyss 3D European Release Date Announced

Tagged games:

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28422/tales-of-the-abyss-3ds-uk-release-date-confirmed/

Fans of the Tales series will be pleased to learn that Tales Of The Abyss will be released for Nintendo 3DS in the UK on 10 November.

Tales of the Abyss for Nintendo 3DS is based on the critically-acclaimed PlayStation2 role playing game of the same name. Delivering full 3D support and use of the dual screens, Tales of the Abyss offers a new gameplay experience and brings players closer to the action. 

Based on the PlayStation 2 role-playing game of the same name, Tales of the Abyss tells the story of Luke fon Fabre, the sole heir to a family of aristocrats who has been living in isolation for years.

Naïve and spoiled by years of isolation, Luke struggles to learn of friendship, sacrifice, duty and of choice as he is he is suddenly thrust into the outside world on an epic adventure.

With the fates of many in his hands, Luke's actions could ultimately save the world or bring about its very destruction.

This is the first Tales game to be released on a Nintendo platform in the UK since the cult hit Tales Of Symphonia came out for GameCube in 2003. There have been two DS games since - Tales Of Innocence and Tales Of Hearts - but neither have been released over here.

I'm definitely getting this.  I remember looking forward to the PS2 original, only for it not to be released in Europe.  The End of 2011 will  be really busy for me and my 3DS, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D and now this.

ONM actually made a mistake, Tales of Symphonia 2 was released here in 2009, so this isn't the first tales game to release on a Nintendo platform in Europe since Symphonia.

Around the Network

wasn't symphonia 2 released in EU??

oops didn't read till the end :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

How many Tales games were released in Europe this generation?

I remember two or three on PSP + Vesperia on X360 was there anything else ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:

Off the top of my head I can name 3: Vesperia (360), Symphonia 2 (Wii) and Tales of the World: RM (PSP).

MrT-Tar said:
Zlejedi said:

Off the top of my head I can name 3: Vesperia (360), Symphonia 2 (Wii) and Tales of the World: RM (PSP).

Also Tales of World 2 and Eternia from PSP ones.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
MrT-Tar said:
Zlejedi said:

Also Tales of World 2 and Eternia from PSP ones.

So that's 5, which is a decent amount, especially considering Graces f is coming as well.  I've just noticed that I think it's a bit surprising that neither of the DS Tales titles have seen European, or actually Western launches.

Awesome!! The Christmas lienup seems fairly strong now

Wow im getting it when it comes to America, even though i own it on ps2. Ill tell you that you guys are in for a great game and im glad that Europe is getting more jrpg's seemed like last gen a lot wasn't released over there.

Wow surprised that Namco didn't feel like screwing over Europe again making them wait an extra year after the USA release.

Former something....

Can it really be fully translated & ready so fast?