By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Child of Eden IGN review

Tagged games:

That's a good score. It also has an 85 on meta so I might have to keep a look out for this game when I get a kinect.

Around the Network

cant wait for the PS3 version

Thats a pretty good score.

trasharmdsister12 said:

Closing Comments
It's rare for me to play a game and feel nothing but happiness, but that's what happened when I stepped in to save Eden. In a way, Child of Eden touched my soul. Yes, that sounds cheesy, but it's true. There's one downside -- even though it costs 50 bucks, Child of Eden can be beaten in only a few hours. While this is a fault, there are lots of unlockables and leaderboards to keep people's interest once the campaign is over. This is a game everyone should experience, especially with Kinect.

IGN Ratings for Child of Eden (X360)  
8.0 Presentation
It can be difficult to select archives with Kinect, but otherwise, the interface is clean and beautiful.
8.5 Graphics
The standard graphics are vibrant and stunning, but there are also fun skins to transform the game into a retro scene or a black and white painting.
10  Sound
The soundtrack is perfect -- it's so uplifting that you'll want to do nothing but play the game just to hear more.
8.5 Gameplay
Trying to execute multipliers while keeping enemy projectiles out of your way is no easy task. Child of Eden balances fun and challenging gameplay successfully.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
This game is pretty short, though some will get sucked into leaderboards or unlocking everything. Still, I think everyone will find a reason to return because Child of Eden just makes you feel happy.
8.5 Great

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1176177p1.html 

---

I put this in MS discussion as it's from the 360 portion of IGN and it includes comments about Kinect. I was actually surprised with some of the comments regarding Kinect and how the reviewer actually found it a more responsive control scheme than analog sticks on a controller.

"I've heard people dismiss Kinect as a viable control option because there's no vibration feedback. After trying both control options for Child of Eden, I found that I preferred Kinect's superior responsiveness. Yes, Kinect makes navigating Eden's databases far easier. In fact, the analog sticks seem clunky compared to swiftly moving your hand around the screen. 

As for the lack of vibration, I ended up becoming my own feedback by swaying to the beat. I'm sure I looked ridiculous dancing back and forth and flinging my right arm about, but I was having a damn good time."

of course it in the 360 portion it a timed excluisve but woo im so getting this for my kinect

Yeah just came out today in the US and when I was work I really though about buying it but heald off to see what reviews would say. Since pretty much they are saying using Kinect is great fun with it I think I'll just have to get it.

Around the Network

These reviews should show people playing the game, after looking it up the game does look fun. Still won't be buying kinect for it. Someday maybe, but is good to see something worth playing with kinect.

Does anyone know if they are planning on having a demo for this game? Kinect games seem to get demos more often than not.

Got this a couple of hours ago. Holy crap this game is awesome.

Kinect was made for this game. I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller now.

The controls are very crisp. I'm not noticing much, if any lag at all.

That's a very good score. If Kinect dropped to $100, I would buy it along with this game.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

This game is just beautiful. If you liked Rez you'll love CoE. My personal GOTY 2011. It is short, but you'll want to return to all the archives (levels) in the game again and again.