By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U tech demo

Tagged games:

Repost from http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hx6pz/future_potential_xpost_from_rzelda/ (which I think was itself a repost)

You guys pumped?

Around the Network

1) what was the inferior Zelda game to hit the N64 before Ocarina?

2) How dare you slander Windwaker!!! :(

Edit: Apparently I tagged majora's, insead of Ocarina? Weird

I had much the same thought. I remember back in 1996, on the ANT network on AOL, there was a slideshow of Zelda 64 screens set to the dungeon theme from Link to the Past.

Those were the days. That's so nostalgiac it hurts.

Ah, bring on the Zelda screens. Bring them on!

Skyward Sword needs to land tomorrow.

Now I'm looking at screens of Wind Waker running on the Dolphin emulator. That's still probably the nicest-looking game ever made in many ways. If Nintendo can render Gamecube games in HD on the Wii U's Virtual Console, that would be swell.

They won't, though, and it pisses me off.

Anyway.

Now I feel like marathoning the living shit out of this series.

Of course I'm pumped; it's the most beautiful thing I've seen on a console (well, it's only a demo, but I'm hopeful).

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/07/e3-2011-wii-u-zelda-hd-demo

Sooooo smooth!

Around the Network

Great!
I was waiting for someone to make a thread like this.
If the trend continues the next-next Zelda will look really awesome.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Khuutra said:
Now I'm looking at screens of Wind Waker running on the Dolphin emulator. That's still probably the nicest-looking game ever made in many ways. If Nintendo can render Gamecube games in HD on the Wii U's Virtual Console, that would be swell.

Anyway.

I always feel like marathoning the shit out of Zelda. Only problem is I tried Zelda II once, and kept getting killed by the first enemy :( I'm such a noob

scottie said:
Khuutra said:

Anyway.

I always feel like marathoning the shit out of Zelda. Only problem is I tried Zelda II once, and kept getting killed by the first enemy :( I'm such a noob

I'm not quite that bad at it but I can't beat Adventure of Link either. I always skip it when marathoning because I'm not hardcore enough, which is to say the game isn't any damn fun.

Khuutra said:
scottie said:
Khuutra said:

Anyway.

I'm not quite that bad at it but I can't beat Adventure of Link either. I always skip it when marathoning because I'm not hardcore enough, which is to say the game isn't any damn fun.

Haha, that's a fair point. maybe I'll start marathoning to prepare for Skyward Sword, skipping Zelda II

If these tech demos are anything to go by, then the real Zelda game is going to look even better. I seriously can't wait to see the real thing.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!