By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New Star Wars - The Old Republic gameplay trailer

Tagged games:

All the worlds and the spacebattles look fun and polished, but everything else just seems rather uninspired... :/

Around the Network

The trailer looks good (Jawas!) but I'm much more interested in a solid release date. If a date isn't announced next week, there will be blood! Probably my own...from smacking my head into my desk from frustration.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

I don't know, the gameplay just doesn't look... right. It doesn't feel right for something that is Star Wars. It feels too much WoW in space, to put it crudely.

PvP warzone : instant fail

No open world PvP means it's carebear jedi party.

/Pass

I expected the art direction to go darker. I don't know why but their faces reminded me of the cartoonish way EA went with Grand Slam Tennis.

Around the Network

Yeah. Looks good. I'll be waiting for a release date as well.

I was hoping this game would get me excited as it stands now I still prefer older mmos and currently am having a blast with LOTRO. I spend hours just exploring it. Was kinda hoping i would have another to look forward to in exploring, but this game just like the others does not seem that exciting. Maybe you just need to be a huge Star Wars fan to care? I say that because SWG never appealed to me also. I see GW2 is one many people are looking to, but id didnt find the first one that exciting. I wouldnt mind trying EQ2 as i never played a EQ, but im not giving any part of Sony my info.

Games4Fun said:
I see GW2 is one many people are looking to, but id didnt find the first one that exciting.

GW2 is quite different from the first game though. It's now a persistent world like we see in other MMOs, but it's one that players can affect, and your efforts will have a direct effect on how the world looks and plays. The game is also extremely focused on cooperative play, not to mention breaking the old mantra of -tank-healer-DPS (there's no dedicated healing class for example).

It looks like it will bring some much needed refreshments to the genre.

Rainbird said:
Games4Fun said:
I see GW2 is one many people are looking to, but id didnt find the first one that exciting.

GW2 is quite different from the first game though. It's now a persistent world like we see in other MMOs, but it's one that players can affect, and your efforts will have a direct effect on how the world looks and plays. The game is also extremely focused on cooperative play, not to mention breaking the old mantra of -tank-healer-DPS (there's no dedicated healing class for example).

It looks like it will bring some much needed refreshments to the genre.

thats good about the world one of the big things i hated about GW1. I like to meet and make friends with those out and about. Plus find those who love to just splore like me =). Though that is hard to find anymore in games it seems=(. I Like the whole tank healer dps thing to be honest.

I like to have a couple alts to play and not have to splain what the purpose of this or that one is. I always have atleast one of all 3 jobs. Depending how long i play i will make one of every Iclass. Im not sure if alts would really be the correct name for all of them though. In WoW my Shammie/pala/mage where all on equal gear level and I could play any of them fine though my shammie prob had a slight edge=). ATM in LOTRO I have my RK champ and mini. Still need to make a guard but im not sure ill like tanking in that game to much.  I also have a hunter and captain but they are kinda low atm. Even in Ashersons Call a pretty much classless game i had one for melee one for bow and one for spells.

Anywho point is i  am only willing to heal on the char i make for healing. it keeps things in my banks/bags etc clear it lets people know what role I wish to play at that time etc. except my RK people assume im willing to heal even in my kin even when i put in note dps. its amazing how many people invite you to group when you say sure ill dps and expect that you will heal anyways..... tisk tisk.Plus i hate dot healing so i just leave and ask if they even read the tells. My Mini on the other hand ill heal all day.

Rainbird said:
I don't know, the gameplay just doesn't look... right. It doesn't feel right for something that is Star Wars. It feels too much WoW in space, to put it crudely.

I would almost say the exact opposite.  TBH, this looks like Knights of the Old Republic III: The MMO Edition, which is what it should be.  I don't see much WoW influence (This coming from a guy that put two alliance characters to the highest pvp rank in vanilla WoW, as well as raids, then went on to Horde his way through each expansion and eventually spent countless hours bathing in blood through the arena's).  I will say that I have not played Cataclysm and I don't plan to, and if anything from that expansion gives you reminders when watching this trailer, well, I have no arguement.