By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption has a fail ending [I know I am late lol]

Tagged games:

Well, expect a lot of spoilers in this thread. Especially about the ending of the game. So if you don't like spoilers, don't read.

So I finally completed this game. As in completed the story part, where the credits roll in.

I have a few issues with the ending, and, well, the whole game basically.

What the f*ck rockstar was thinking making the ending so freaking ridiculous, this might be the worst ending I have seen in a long time and that is after I played Fallout New Vegas which has the most boring story and ending in an rpg ever.

I didn't even realise I hadn't completed the game. [Hint: If you haven't stopped reading and are afraid of spoilers, STOP READING NOW.]

The first time when I thought the game ended was when I killed Bill Williamson. Yes, I kid you not.

The second time I thought the game ended was when Dutch was killed. LOLWTF I was when I realised there was some more missions with my wife, which I felt happy to do since she was a new character in the story at that time.

So after a couple of boring cattle herding and courier service to bonny, I thought it might be the end.

I was so f*(&&*^ disgusted when finally I realised that Marston gets killed by Ross, wtf? I thought there might be an alternative story something like Heavy Rain so I tried three times but the dead eye is always 25% even if it remains at 100% prior to the cutscene that precedes the marston death event.

So well, after that horrible event, I thought the game might have ended. Nope. No. You are wrong sir.

You become your son driving a horse.....so you go back to your father and the wife cries waaaah.

After all that BS, John is buried and after 2 years his wife abigail or whatever her name is, is also buried.

You end up becoming a different character Jack, John Marston's son now all grown up.

I thought this was when the game ended. Hahahahaha.

No it didn't. =/

This was difficult to realise and I only realised after I searched the internet if I was the only one who thought the ending sucked. There's a stranger's mission and after you complete it you get a trophy/achievement for it and credits show up. After that you are Jack Marston doing John Marston's work.

I have so many problems with this ending I don't know where to begin. The biggest problem is John Marston's death. WTF? This is a sandbox game, and I just spent 22 hours or so with the John character and now he dies. Well, if the game actually had ended at this point maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But it doesn't. And that's my biggest gripe, his son is simply not as fun to play as John is.

Also the way John died was dumb. He has defeated the mexican army for god's sake. And he can't take out a bunch of retards who can't fight a friggin gang hideout and need John for it.

Another problem I had with ending is difficulty in knowing which is the ending. That I have already explained.

I was happier with the game when I thought killing dutch was the ending, the moment felt like an ending too. It was really unnecessary to kill Marston and show edgar ross as such an evil.

Around the Network

I honestly thought it was amazing :). Must say when John died I thought we would play with his son in RDR 2 and going to take revenge ...god was I surprised ^^'..

If their is something I really hate in this game it is the beginning of the game and the hours of riding your horse from one point to the other.

The story paced its self decently until around the middle/end then it felt rushed and out of place. I liked the game up until that point. The story could have been worked out and finished a lot better. Oh well we don't get to make it.

Btw my favourite part in this game is when you arrive in Mexico and hear the catchy song :).

Lostplanet22 said:

Btw my favourite part in this game is when you arrive in Mexico and hear the catchy song :).

My favourite part is the mexican part of the game. The whole army vs rebels thing was cool. The music is cool but the credits music is the best.

Around the Network

it was a sad ending but a good one, though it was pretty F'ed up how they used him to catch all his previous friends while holding his wife and son captive and then decide to kill him. but you can get revenge for you fathers death(when you play as the son)

what really would've been cool is if you were able to have the gun with i believe 22 bullets a clip at the ending, you could've killed everyone and live happily ever after

arcane_chaos said:

it was a sad ending but a good one, though it was pretty F'ed up how they used him to catch all his previous friends while holding his wife and son captive and then decide to kill him. but you can get revenge for you fathers death(when you play as the son)

what really would've been cool is if you were able to have the gun with i believe 22 bullets a clip, you could've killed everyone and live happily ever after

Yeah the whole game had some f-ed up moments. Remember the Abraham Reyes guy treating Luisa like some form of a unimportant "wh*re", he was as twisted as allende lol.

The game really relies on f-ed up moments and the ending is the same. I think if the wife and the child could have escaped.....he could have escaped too, no?

Also, Jack was never the man with guns, in 2 years there's no way he learned the dead eye and everything, there's no way he can be as good as his father in 2 years.

Did you actually get to the true ending as Jack Marston?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I really liked the ending, it really hurt me, and it is rare that games can actually make me sad like they did here

I was a bit annoyed by the fact that you had to do a stranger's quest to get the final ending, but that was kind of the point of RDR, to immerse yourself in the world, and that game managed in a way no other has, and I still drift off and think of playing RDR...

A Bad Clown said:

Did you actually get to the true ending as Jack Marston?

Yeah, I killed ross that's the ending right?