By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you (still) believe it was members of Anonymous that hacked the PSN?

Tagged games:

Do you (still) believe it was members of Anonymous that hacked the PSN?

Yes 143 41.81%

No 93 27.19%

Don't Know 34 9.94%

View results plox 72 21.05%

Total:342

I never believed it was the actual group Anonymous, but I know a few did, and a lot believed it was a small number of people of the group Anon acting without the support of the rest.

But stealing user's personal data? That seems very out of character for a group that stopped their DDOS attacks on the basis that the Damage to Sony:Damage to Consumers ratio was too low.

Around the Network

when sony said "external interference" I thought maybe they were trying to do what people around here were saying they were going to do which was make psn prices to 0... Does Sony know for a fact that this isnt the case?

No, I believe the Illuminati did it....

i remember them saying something along the line of "the strongest attack is yet to come"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:

i remember them saying something along the line of "the strongest attack is yet to come"

im not defending annoymous or anything but they said  ^ that would happen when psn comes back on so idk if it was them

Around the Network
epicberserk said:
Porcupine_I said:

im not defending annoymous or anything but they said  ^ that would happen when psn comes back on so idk if it was them

i am sure that was before the PSN was down.

but the thing is, that everyone always claims that anon is a group without any structure or leadership. that means they can't even know themselves if they did it or not.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
epicberserk said:
Porcupine_I said:

but the thing is, that everyone always claims that anon is a group without any structure or leadership. 

Everyone is wrong.

If they did it, they'd jump to admitting it. It doesn't make any sense to deny if it were them.

scottie said:
Porcupine_I said:
epicberserk said:
Porcupine_I said:

but the thing is, that everyone always claims that anon is a group without any structure or leadership.

Everyone is wrong.

then please elaborate on the truth.

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

if 1 or 2 members of Anonymous did it then, Anonymous did it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5