By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking thread--Killzone 3!

Tagged games:

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 3 days, after the 3 day period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  I will be putting up a new thread with a new game every 3 days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

(playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

2. Scores have to be on a 10 point scale with 7 being average.

3. If you score a game 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

4. A game must have at least 15 people that gave it a score to be counted.

5. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

6. Users with less than 50 posts cannot score a game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last game was Mass Effect 2 with a score of 9.02

Highest score was 10, lowest was 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vgchartz score -- 8.58

GamrReview score -- 8.9

Highest score was 10, lowest was 5

My score -- 9.7

Pros -- Stunningly beautiful graphics and set pieces, great pacing, tight controls and gameplay, pretty decent story.

Cons -- Online kind of bored me.

Vgchartz top 12 rated games

Rank Game Score
1 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) 9.55
2 Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) 9.52
3 Street Fighter IV (Multi) 9.40
4 Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
5 Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) 9.26
6 The Orange Box (Multi) 9.24
7 Halo Reach (360 9.23
8 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) 9.16
9 Halo 3 (360) 9.13
10 New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) 9.13
11 Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 9.09
12 Mario Kart Wii (Wii) 9.04

Next game is Forza Motorsports 3

To view a list of all games from every game ranking thread click here.
Thanks to Blacksaber for the kick ass logo!

Around the Network

The online bored you and you still give it a 9.7? Thats the bulk of the game! Well either way, to each his own. 

Pros- Nice set pieces, probably the best console online FPS, made the ISA somewhat interesting, varied the single player gameplay up a bit, added splitscreen, vehicles are a great addition to MP. Jammer is a babe.

Cons- Strange downgrades from KZ2 (no custom matches, no single player stats page, no Radec caliber battle) Single player could have been a bit more fleshed out, mutiplayer health is too low. Odd difficulty balancing in SP. I agree with Making Musics deduction that this game was rushed out a bit by sony. Rico is always right.

Overall score- 8.6 (for comparisions sake KZ2 would have got an 8.3 or so from me).

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

10/10

my favorite fps, ive played through both the campaign a few times and its pretty much the only fps that i play online for more than a few days, really enjoying it

Amazing Graphics, good SP and Awesome MP.

Best FPS of the year so far.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

9.7/10

Great visuals

Amazing gameplay

New added feautres 

Fun SP (Good story till the end)

Melee is closest thing to perfect

Around the Network

The good

-Campaign was better than killzone 2

-Multiplayer is off the chartz

-the graphics

-the sound

The bad

-There were some pretty big issues with the multiplayer that still haven't gotten patched yet

-Lots of features were taken out

My score: 6.8

Pros:

-Good graphics.

-Melee combat animations are great.

-Solid MP (not the best, but still enjoyable).

Cons:

-The engine lags in MP when in some modes, most noticeable in the bigger maps with a lot of players that makes it nearly unplayable (Its not my ps3, it also happens to 2 of my friends)

-Story Mediocre

-3D was nothing impressive as they tried to make you think.

capriani said:

KILLZONE 3 IS THE REASSON I START  IT TO PLAY FPS AGAING  AFTER HALO 3 I DID NOT WANT IT TO TOUCH ANY SHOOTER GAME BUT KZ3 WITH THE GREAT VISUALS AND I SAW IT WAS GOING TO SUPPORT  PS MOVE AND I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH IT  ITS GREAT THE STORY LINE IS GOOD AND LOVE HOW THE MOVE WORKS WITH IT  I WILL GAVE 9.1/10  THIS GAME IS WAY BETTER THEN HALO ON MY OPINION LOOK AT THIS VIDEO REVIEW HOPE THIS WILL HELP NEW COMERS ANS THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IS NOT THE GREAT

Read the rules...

Former something....