By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to all who played FFXIII

Tagged games:

I have 2 nephews 6 and 7yrs old, they play Pokemon alot on their DS and for their birthday i want to buy them a PS3 and FFXIII. Question is will they enjoy it, is it even appropriate? I need some input from the community. BTW I am also getting them Ratchet and some PSN games.

PSN - Kratos0518

Around the Network

I'd say the fighting system might be a bit too complex for them. Fights can get REALLY tough later in the game.

EDIT: With "later" I mean after ~7 hours playtime ^^

Kratos0518 said:

I have 2 nephews 6 and 7yrs old, they play Pokemon alot on their DS and for their birthday i want to buy them a PS3 and FFXIII. Question is will they enjoy it, is it even appropriate? I need some input from the community. BTW I am also getting them Ratchet and some PSN games.

I don't know if Final Fantasy XIII will be right. I mean for a 6 and 7 year old it may be too tough. Though there are a bunch of other great games to get with a PS3. And it might not be a too complex fighting system, it just requires little more strategy than a pokemon game.

I dont know, they seem too young, they will probably get bored too.

As long as you're prepared to sit and help them on boss fights (of which their are a fair few). The first few hours may help to teach the fighting system to them but they'll probably still need you to sit with them and help them through.

Around the Network

I don't think the gameplay would be appropriate for them. It's kind of complicated on some aspects.

Btw don't forget LittleBigPlanet ;)

It might be a bit much for that young, but that's moreso something that you'd know better than any of us here on these forums.

I'd try them as something a bit easier, like Eternal Sonata which isn't quite as difficult.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It seems the few posts have been unanimous about the complexity of the game, thanks for all the input and as you suggested I'll get LBP, Ratchet 1 and 2 and and Wipeout HD.

PSN - Kratos0518

Well, I love this game. Like I mean if they were a few years older, Like 9 or 10 I'd say forsure (as thats how old I was when I played the first one) But the game isn't hard for the first 10-20 hours or so minus a few boss fights. But after that, it's quite difficult.

On the other side, its really pretty and colorful with things that transform. With really cool CG in it)

There's not really a game I can think of PS3 that is more like pokemon than this though. There's nothing really offensive in this game that I can think of, But im 22 not 7.

but little big planet If they like that kind of game at all. Is a blast and they can play it together. And it's not offensive, but that isn't like pokemon

no they aren't too young.. get it for them, if they say they don't like it just return it.

mM