The Riftbreaker Arrives October 14 for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 08 September 2021 / 983 Views
Publisher Maxium Games and developer EXOR Studios announced The Riftbreaker will launch for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG on October 14 for $29.99. It will also be available on Xbox Game Pass for Console, Cloud, and PC.
View the release date announcement trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker,” you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs,” can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course—combat. It is also capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
- Campaign – Take on an epic journey across all the different biomes of Galatea 37. You will establish multiple persistent bases across the globe that will fuel your economy. Research alien substances and lifeforms, as well as fight hordes of alien creatures, clearly not happy with your interference in the natural order of the planet. The campaign spans multiple hours and offers a remarkable degree of freedom in a super detailed, procedurally generated world. You can decide on the order of your priorities and what technologies you want to use. You’re the only human there, after all.
- Survival – Your mission is to survive a set amount of time, fighting off increasingly difficult waves of enemy creatures. Each mission in the game is randomized, offering nearly endless replayability.
- Sandbox – if intense fight for survival is not your thing either, then try out the Sandbox mode, where we give you control over the entire game – including resources, enemy spawns, and weather conditions.
- Base Building – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission
- Exploration – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora, as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- Defense – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- Hack, Slash, and Shoot – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- Gather Samples and Strange Artifacts – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- Research – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- Craft – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- Customize Your Gameplay – The Riftbreaker‘s gameplay can be customized to fit your playstyle. You can change the frequency of enemy attacks as well as their strength and numbers, resource abundance, weather events, enemy damage, and tons of other settings. There are also multiple difficulty presets to suit the needs of both hardcore strategy players as well as those that want a laid-back base-building experience.
- Interactive Streaming – The Riftbreaker has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g., by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- The Schmetterling Engine – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studios’ in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense and Zombie Driver. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- Community-Driven Development – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our official Discord server or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
There are no comments to display.