Far Cry 6 Listed for Release on May 25, 2021 on Microsoft Store - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 19 November 2020 / 588 Views
Ubisoft in its recent financial report announced a delay for Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine for the fiscal year 2021 to 2022, which runs from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
The Microsoft Store page for Far Cry 6 now lists the game for release on May 25, 2021 with a price of $59.99.
The game is in development for the Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia.
View a trailer of the game below:
Here is an overview of the game:
In Far Cry 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Become a guerrilla fighter and burn their regime to the ground.
As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza. You’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog. As President Castillo prepares his son Diego, played by Anthony Gonzalez (“Coco”), to succeed him, you will do all you can to ensure his plans don’t come to fruition.
The game will have multiple editions available:
- Standard Edition: The base game.
- Gold Edition: Base game and season pass.
- Ultimate Edition: All previous content including the Jungle Expedition pack, the Croc Hunter pack, and Vice Pack bonus DLC.
- The Collector's Edition: Box set with includes the ultimate edition, a steelbook case, 64-page artbook, stickers, a Chorizo keyring, a soundtrack, map of Yara, and a 72cm display model of the "Tostador" flamethrower from the game (assembly required).
- IGNITE THE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM - Dive into a blockbuster experience as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran defending their country from a tyrant’s rule. Join the revolution to push back against the oppressive regime of dictator Anton Castillo and his teenage son Diego, brought to life by Hollywood stars Giancarlo Esposito (The Mandalorian, Breaking Bad) and Anthony Gonzalez (Coco).
- YARA TORN APART - For the first time in Far Cry, experience a sprawling capital city: Esperanza, the most expansive Far Cry playground to date. Take down Anton in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging Anton’s army in an all-out firefight in the streets. From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to fight against the regime or to just travel Yara in style.
- BECOME A GUERRILLA - Jump into the action and chaos of guerrilla combat at the heart of a revolution. Employ an arsenal of unique and surprising new weapons, vehicles, and animal companions in a fight against an unyielding military regime. No guerrilla should go it alone, so pair up with an all-new animal companion like Chorizo, the adorable wiener dog who’s as cute as he is lethal.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.