Gears 5 Gets Versus Tech Test Trailer - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 16 July 2019 / 1,410 Views
Publisher Microsoft and developer The Coalition have released a new trailer for Gears 5 that features the content in the Versus Multiplayer Technical Test. The test will run from July 19 to 21 and July 26 to 29. The test will feature the new Arcade mode.
The trailer below:
Here is an overview of the Arcade mode:
We are excited to reveal your first look at Arcade, a brand new type of Versus experience for all types of players. This ultimate jump-in / jump-out mode brings hero characters, each with their own distinct abilities and weapon upgrades, to Gears 5 Versus players.
Arcade Deathmatch is just the beginning, where two teams of five race to be first to 50 kills. This promises to be unlike any Gears Team Deathmatch you’ve ever played!
Zero to Heroes:
Picking a character is more than just who you want to play—it’s about choosing the way you want to play.
Each hero character has a unique combat style defined by a passive ability, a bounty, a loadout, and a dedicated set of weapon upgrades.
These traits let you play your way more than ever before, whether you want to get up close and personal, keep at a distance with the Longshot or somewhere in between—we’ve got the character for you.
The Tech Test features five heroes* to choose from in Arcade Deathmatch:
Hunter – Kait / Swarm Hunter:
- Passive: Increased Movement Speed
- Bounty: Execute for an additional Skull
- Loadout: Hammerburst, Talon Autopistol, Smoke Grenade
- Upgrades: Boltok, Incendiary Grenades, Torque Bow
Kait and the Swarm Hunter are versatile characters thanks to their fast movement and vision-blocking smoke grenades.
Their weapons let them catch enemies off guard at range before relocating to avoid being targeted by opponents, or by executing fast flanks on unsuspecting enemies with Incendiaries and Talon.
Support – JD / Swarm Drone:
- Passive: Spot enemies who damage you. Enemies you spot reward health to killer.
- Bounty: Multi-kill for an additional Skull.
- Loadout: Lancer, Snub Pistol, Flashbangs
- Upgrades: 3 Random Weapon upgrade slots of varying quality
JD and the Drone are the backbone of any team, providing critical healing to teammates who kill any opponents you mark while supporting from a distance with his sturdy loadout.
While their weapon upgrades are randomized, this gives JD and the Drone more versatility as they move between supporting fights and taking out enemies. Plus, who doesn’t love a little surprise sometimes? This hero character is recommended for new players to give the best variety of power weapons.
Heavy – Del / Scion:
- Passive: Receive Stim(Extra health above the normal maximum) for Kills
- Bounty: Multi-kill for an additional Skull
- Loadout: Hammerburst, Talon Autopistol
- Upgrades: Buzzkill, Mulcher, RL-4 Salvo
If you’re all about the big guns, Del or the Scion is the hero for you.
While Heavy Weapons make this a slower paced hero than others, their passive ability adds additional health (known as Stim) every time they get a kill. This helps them survive when exposing themselves to engage with Heavy Weapons.
CQB – Marcus / Swarm Grenadier:
- Passive: Cover slide speed and distance increased
- Bounty: Execute for an additional Skull
- Loadout: Enforcer, Snub Pistol, Smoke Grenade
- Upgrades: Shock Grenades, Gnasher, Breaker Mace
For the bold and the brave, these heroes are all about getting up close and very personal. Their loadout and weapon tree sacrifices range in exchange for some potent close range weaponry.
Without many tools to fight at range, their passive allows them to take cover quickly and close the gap. If you see Marcus or the Grenadier pull out Breaker… run.
Sniper – Fahz / Swarm Sniper:
- Passive: Immune to flinching when ADS or fully scoped
- Bounty: Headshot kill for an additional Skull
- Loadout: Lancer, Talon Autopistol, Flashbang
- Upgrades: Boltok, Marzka, Longshot
Fahz and the Swarm Sniper are for players that love to snipe from a distance thanks to their headshot centric weapons of increasing quality.
Both can take hits without flinching while they line up those sweet headshots on opponents that dare to challenge them at range, so keep calm and land your shots to make them truly shine.
Eliminations Get Skulls, Skulls Get Weapons:
Skulls play a critical role in boosting your power and claiming victory on the battlefield.
Each Elimination (a kill or assist) puts Skulls in your bank for you to purchase upgrades from your character’s unique weapon tree. Each weapon tree offers weapons of increasing power to pick from– the better the weapon, the more Skulls you’ll need to cash in to equip it.
Cash in Skulls at any time to upgrade, even in the middle of a fight. And don’t worry, Skulls aren’t streak based, so you’ll keep your unspent Skulls even if you die. If you want to mix it up and change characters mid-match, the skulls transfer over so a new character can even start with their most powerful weapon option.
Finally, earn Skulls even faster by using each character’s specific bounty that earns you bonus Skulls.
Love that Pop!:
Headshots are better than ever in Gears 5, and you’ll see them often in the amped up action of Arcade Mode.
Exclusively in Arcade, headshot damage is boosted to give every weapon a chance to pop heads. This makes Arcade the most fast-paced, visceral experience in Gears Versus. Aim for the head and watch them pop!
Additionally, to keep the focus on each Hero’s distinctive play style, slide cancels in Arcade have a longer cooldown than the standard one-tuning found in the rest of the Versus experience. Without wall bouncing in Arcade, cover to cover action truly shines and we can’t wait for you to try it.
Here is an overview of the game:
The world is crumbling. Humanity’s reliance on technology has become their downfall and enemies are uniting to wipe out all survivors. As Kait you must journey across the biggest, most beautiful Gears world to uncover the origins of the Locust, and fight with your squad to protect what’s left.
- Never Fight Alone: Play solo or with a friend in local split-screen co-op, or online co-op. Battle alongside your friends anywhere with cross-play between Xbox One and PC.
- Explore Sera: Skim across glaciers, sail over deserts and descend into sunken ruins to discover the largest and most diverse Gears world ever created.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K Ultra HD resolution with stunning HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second.
- Just the Beginning: Additional features, co-op and competitive modes still to be announced.
Gears 5 will launch for Xbox One and PC on September 10.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
There are no comments to display.