Splatoon

Global Total as of 25th Jul 2015 (units): 1.45m
Platform: Wii U
Developer: Nintendo Genre: Shooter

Comments (51)

mZuzek (5 hours ago)
I remember someone questioning me why I believed this game would have legs. Oh well, I guess time showed the answer.
Skullwaker (7 hours ago)
Splatoon is a very leggy game. It seems like the constant updates and in-game events consistently put the game in the press, which sparks more people to hear about it and buy it. In Japan, the game has actually raised the baseline for the Wii U, so new people are buying the console every week specifically for this game. I've heard from several sources that it's actually one of the most talked about games in schools (in addition to Yokai, of course).
b00moscone (16 hours ago)
Welcome, my friend, to the might of Nintendo legs.

But yeah, this is amazing for a new IP on the Wii U
Zach808 (1 day ago)
Wow, is it just me, or is this game's sales dropping really slowly compared to other similarly selling exclusives this year? I wasn't too impressed by the opening week sales (pretty much thrashed by The Order and Bloodborne), but those two dropped like a brick afterwards. Splatoon's managed to maintain the 100k mark for several weeks, and has pretty much been stuck around 70-80k ever since, while the other two had long since dropped under 40k by week 10.
PAOerfulone (2 days ago)
@Nuvendil
Or how much of a success it has yet to be!
I could see this game finished with around 5 million lifetime now.
b00moscone (3 days ago)
Will easily reach 1.5m in the next two weeks.

Heck, it could reach 2m before the holidays
Nuvendil (3 days ago)
And to think this game was once thought to be lucky to hit 1 million lifetime...
It's kinda crazy to think how much of a success Splatoon has been.
Nuvendil (3 days ago)
It's kinda crazy to think how much of a success Splatoon has been.
zippy (5 days ago)
My Xbox fan cousing came to stay at the weekend, and after playing Splatoon, he immediately ordered a Wii U. His words were "best game I have played this year". Those are my thoughts too, and this deserves all the good sales it gets. Let's hope this garage team are busy at work on something else unique.
Screamapillar (on 29 August 2015)
As of this week's Media Create, Splatoon is over 600k in Japan (physical) and set to surpass Smash Bros. Wii U by the end of September. Crazy!
Ljink96 (on 26 August 2015)
Pretty sure, Japan numbers are at 585K. Man, what's happened to VGC. They used to be on top of their game.:(
Cheebee (on 24 August 2015)
3 million by the end of the year seems pretty doable imo, including digital. As of right now it could be close to 2 million already.
thewastedyouth (on 20 August 2015)
I thought this game was gonna bomb and I was completely wrong. Can't believe it. Gonna get a wii u just for this and pikmin
ExplodingBlock (on 18 August 2015)
"It will be lucky if it sells 750k lifetime". I still get a kick out of reading those comments
Nuvendil (on 14 August 2015)
Wow, just announced Splatoon is about 540k in the US alone end of July. So around 600k North America seems reasonable. Japan is at 500k+ retail iirc at the end of July. And then there's Europe and the rest of the world plus digital in Japan. I'd say Splatoon is well on its way to an easy 2mil+ end of year sales. It even does have a chance for 3mil by the end of the year, especially shipped+digital.
b00moscone (on 12 August 2015)
@Paatar Wow, if so then you might be right, Splatoon might have a chance of reaching 3m if it keeps its weekly sales as it is.
Paatar (on 11 August 2015)
Boomoscone, only a few weeks ago they just announced it had reached 1.61m sold.
It will hit 3m by years end I think.
b00moscone (on 09 August 2015)
By now this game has to be at 1.5m +

Will probably reach 2m by end of year, with Christmas giving it a major boost.
Stellar_Fungk (on 05 August 2015)
Gangsta sales
Ryng_Tolu (on 04 August 2015)
@Garretslarrity
Splatoon is confirmed overtracked in the US, because NPD said 290k for June, VGChartz has Splatoon in 4 weeks ( miss one week) at 315,058.
The game can be undertracked in other countries of course.
But to be honest, i'm not interesting. I just give about the Nintendo annunced, even if are shipped + digital, so, in my book, Splatoon is at 1,620,000 for end of June.
garretslarrity (on 29 July 2015)
Nintendo has confirmed that Splatoon has sold (shipped + digital) 1.62M as of June 30, 2015. So clearly VGC has NOT been overtracking it.
ExplodingBlock (on 29 July 2015)
I wonder who sold more copies
Squid or Kid
Ultrashroomz (on 21 July 2015)
...I'm a squid kid...
Goodnightmoon (on 12 July 2015)
AMAZING PERFORMANCE

Is showing inkredible legs already
Skullwaker (on 10 July 2015)
@Darwinianevolution probably not in actual sold numbers. Hyrule Warriors was confirmed 1m shipped in January, and I'd be surprised if it hadn't reached it before Splatoon.
Jranation (on 10 July 2015)
SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darwinianevolution (on 10 July 2015)
Did Splatoon beat Hyrule Warriors in the first to achieve 1m retail numbers?
LipeJJ (on 09 July 2015)
2m+ by the end of the year: here we go!
TreeTurtle (on 09 July 2015)
daaaaang, 1 million already?
Skullwaker (on 09 July 2015)
1m! That didn't take long at all. Now let's see how far it can go. :)
Ryng_Tolu (on 09 July 2015)
1,000,000 now in VGChartz. :)
bunchanumbers (on 09 July 2015)
I am so happy that this game is selling so well. It deserves every sale it gets.
garretslarrity (on 09 July 2015)
Since VGChartz only tracks physical, this is probably a little overtracked. Unless the 1.1M statement, even though announced on the 24th, was as of an earlier day.
Clyde32 (on 09 July 2015)
It was confirmed to be at 1.1M on June 24th. So either it's 100K in 4 days or...
guiduc (on 09 July 2015)
So happy this game sells so much!
xboxonefan (on 09 July 2015)
it sold 1 millons
OfficerRaichu15 (on 09 July 2015)
1 million seller!!!!
Skullwaker (on 08 July 2015)
1m was confirmed on June 24th, which was a little over 2 weeks ago. So yes, it has been weeks. The game itself has been out for over a month.
darkneal (on 08 July 2015)
He confirmed 1 million a few weeks ago? Its only been out a few weeks! Now if you said a few DAYS ago, now that makes sense.
Pillow (on 08 July 2015)
Game is proably arround 1,2M by now. Iwata confirmed 1M a few weeks ago.
Goodnightmoon (on 08 July 2015)
OH YEAH!
OfficerRaichu15 (on 07 July 2015)
Going to be around 820k 3rd Week.
Add around 100k 4th week and that should be fine with digital.
170k digital too high perhaps?
Ryng_Tolu (on 07 July 2015)
LMGAO. 1.5m was my prediction... It will easy double those numbers. :~P
xboxonefan (on 07 July 2015)
400k in 2 days
CWegzz (on 07 July 2015)
400k in 2 days, nice!
Octane (on 24 June 2015)
Already surpassed 1 million. VGChartz should update this stuff, we're still stuck in April...
FloatingWaffles (on 18 April 2015)
@ExplodingBlock

Actually Splatoon made it on the charts one week before Xenoblade X did.
ExplodingBlock (on 18 April 2015)
This and Xenoblade X both debuted in the pre order charts the same week!
fory77 (on 16 April 2015)
It's in the pre-order charts finally!
fory77 (on 16 April 2015)
It's in the pre-order charts finally!
drake_tolu (on 16 July 2014)
I predict 1.5 million! :D

Comments

mZuzek (5 hours ago)
I remember someone questioning me why I
believed this game would have legs. Oh
well, I guess time showed the answer.
Skullwaker (7 hours ago)
Splatoon is a very leggy game. It seems
like the constant updates and in-game
events consistently put the game in the
press, which sparks more people to hear
about it and buy it. In Japan, the game
has actually raised the baseline for the
Wii U, so new people are buying the
console every week specifically for this
game. I've heard from several sources
that it's actually one of the most
talked about games in schools (in
addition to Yokai, of course).
b00moscone (16 hours ago)
Welcome, my friend, to the might of
Nintendo legs.

But yeah, this is
amazing for a new IP on the Wii U
Zach808 (1 day ago)
Wow, is it just me, or is this game's
sales dropping really slowly compared to
other similarly selling exclusives this
year? I wasn't too impressed by the
opening week sales (pretty much thrashed
by The Order and Bloodborne), but those
two dropped like a brick afterwards.
Splatoon's managed to maintain the 100k
mark for several weeks, and has pretty
much been stuck around 70-80k ever
since, while the other two had long
since dropped under 40k by week 10.
PAOerfulone (2 days ago)
@Nuvendil
Or how much of a success it
has yet to be!