The world's best-selling chess brand invites you to master history's greatest game.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced player, Chessmaster® 9000 promises to improve your skills and elevate your level of play.
- Enjoy and learn from more than 800 classic games, including the best of 2001 and 2002 Grand Master games.
- Study the best opening moves and how to dominate the opponent sitting across from you.
- Experience a new and improved chess engine, which allows players to compete against more than 150 different opponents from beginning to Grandmaster level.
- Includes the new Psychology of Competition chess course taught by International Master, Josh Waitzkin.
- Play a variety of online, multiplayer options, including rated chess games and chess games just for fun.
- View the best graphics ever seen in a chess program, featuring more than 30 new chess sets and optional, true 3D gameplay.
- Play against new, random opponents for greater replay value.
- Improve your game with the new Blunder Alert feature.
- Test your skills with the new Endgame Quiz from five-time U.S. Chess Champion, Larry Evans.
- Jump right into a game with the new QuickStart play or turn up the action with "speed chess."
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/XP (only)
- Processor: Pentium® II 450 or AMD K6-3 500
- RAM: 64 MB RAM for Windows 98 & ME (128 MB RAM recommended); 128 MB RAM for Windows XP (256 MB RAM recommended)
- Video Card: DirectX® 8.1-compatible; 3D video card optional
- DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (included on CD)
- Hard Drive Space: 300 MB hard drive space
- Multiplay: 56k modem for Internet play