You are B.J. Blazkowicz, a U.S. Army Ranger recruited by the OSA and the Allies' top specialist in covert operations, heavy weapons, and assassination.
Hitler's head of the SS, Heinrich Himmler, is twisting science and the occult into an army capable of annihilating the Allies. The balance of victory is in your hands.
- Mission mode: Assume the role of B. J. Blazkowicz, an Army Ranger tasked with infiltrating the deepest realms of the Third Reich to thwart Himmler's occult and genetic experiments. Initially teamed with another OSA operative, Agent One, Blazkowicz begins his journey in Egypt, where he'll uncover the early stages of Himmler's plans. After being grounded by anti-aircraft artillery fire, he must overcome capture and the death of his new partner as he battles throngs of the Fuhrer's brainwashed soldiers and hordes of zombies in an epic campaign that spans the globe—from Egypt to Norway to the heart of Nazi Germany.
- Twisted and frightening enemies: Including SS guards that patrol the forests and secret military installations, zombies unleashed in ancient crypts, mutant X-creatures (the products of hideous secret X-lab facilities), and the terrifying Occult Priest.
- Co-op action: The Allies' only remaining hope in the battle against the insidious Reich lies in the hands of two men: B. J. Blazkowicz and his new partner Agent One. The Xbox-exclusive, split-screen co-op mode allows two friends to work together through the entire single-player campaign.
- Multiplayer warfare: Using Xbox LIVE® or System Link, the game's Multiplayer modes pit players in a team-based Axis-versus-Allies contest for front-line domination, where multiple player classes must mobilize and work together to accomplish mission objectives. Styles of play range from Objective mode all the way to a team-based Elimination mode. The battlefields are designed specifically for play on the Xbox, and gamers can play up to eight against eight for fast and furious combat. Xbox LIVE players can invite other players from their buddy list to join their game or jump straight into the action, using Xbox LIVE Matchmaking to find a favorite style of gameplay. With the Xbox LIVE Communicator and full voice-masking capabilities, players can verbally coordinate attacks, communicate enemy positions, or scream for a medic.
- Made for the Xbox: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War delivers Dolby Digital 5.1 audio; new monsters, weapons, and useable items; an expanded story line, including new missions, co-op play, and full Xbox LIVE capabilities; and System Link multiplayer support for the definitive Xbox experience.
- Tactical combat: Every situation is different, and players must survey each potential combat situation and decide how best to approach the combat, by using either stealth or overwhelming firepower. With a robust scripting system and life-like A.I. and animation systems, tactical combat reaches all-new levels.