By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ocarina Of Time: the best game ever?

Both Metacritic and Gamerankings show tha LOZ:OOT is the best over-all reviewed game yet

although it is an absolute masterpiece,trend setting game, surely many of you agree that the above claim might not be true.

so please say which game,in your view betters OOT,and also how,if possible

and please, it is important that you have plyed ocarina,otherwise what you say will be without adequate factual basis

for me, obviously enough, it gets beaten by chrono trigger, the reasons being it being more revolutionary(MARIO 64  beat ocarina to it) and the fact that i had a greater sense of amazement while playing chrono.

though i must say when i played ocarina first, i thought ill never play a better game, it seems i had played one before it, just took a second go at chrono to realise that 

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

Best game ever? Hell yes.

Play B3yond

A lot of people will say it is the best game of all time, or at least the best Zelda. Frankly, I'm going to go all out and make everyone hate me: Final Fantasy 7 is a better game.

I'd rank them OoT, MM, TP, and WW, though I have yet to play ALttP. And depending on my mood I'll switch up TP and WW.

Around the Network

One of the best, but not the best.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

To me its SMW.

MontanaHatchet said:
A lot of people will say it is the best game of all time, or at least the best Zelda. Frankly, I'm going to go all out and make everyone hate me: Final Fantasy 7 is a better game.

Lol....I believe that as well, but I didn't want to say it for fear of the inevitable backlash.

RolStoppable said:

Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess and even the original Zelda game are better than Ocarina of Time.

OoT isn't even good enough to make it into my top 5 of The Legend of Zelda games.

If I had to choose a best game ever it would be Super Mario Bros. 3, because this game was way better than anything else available at the time it was released. And it still is one of the best 2D platformers ever made after all these years.

Yeah, Ocarina is even bad by Zelda standards.  I definitely agree.

Best game EVER, my nomination is Xenogears.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Super Mario World. Why because it is the greatest 2D platformer ever.