By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 won't read any optical media!!!!!!!

Was playing Guitar Heroes 3 two days ago and I'm going to play Uncharted a few hours ago. I popped the game in and nothing happens. Oops, maybe a misread. Ejected and reinserted, still nothing happens. Maybe it's the disk. Got warhawk and reinserted, still nothing happens. WTF. Got a Frank Sinatra CD, still nothing happens.

Called Sony, guess what they told me. Sorry, your console exceeded the warranty period. $120 for repair. WTF SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have two Xbox 360 and both are still working fine, one's even a launch console. And you SONY are making fun of MS with 3rl. AND YOU CAN"T EVEN GIVE A GOOD CUSTOMER SUPPORT. THIS IS BS.

Anyone had any experience w/ Sony support???? This is killing me. And they say PS3  is very reliable. WTF.

Forgive me people, I need to vent.... 

Around the Network

WTF...... NOW THEY WANT ME TO CALL BACK AT A LATER TIME. WTF SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about your console. do you watch a lot of movies on your ps3?

I have two Xbox 360 and both are still working fine, one's even a launch console. And you SONY are making fun of MS with 3rl. AND YOU CAN"T EVEN GIVE A GOOD CUSTOMER SUPPORT. THIS IS BS.

i doubt it,lets here take a breath and see tomorrow , its all how i can help you sorry

nope, I only have one Blu Ray movie. Stealth. watched it twice and just played games. And to think that I seldom play the PS3 since I usually only play online games on my Xbox 360.

I paid 600 dollars for this 60Gb unit and now they want me to pay another $120. This is so unreasonable.

Around the Network

What made me lose my cool is the crappy customer support. Now they want me to call at a later time.

The 360s have a lot of DVD related issues not covered by extended RRoD warranty. You will have to pay for this yourself as well when your drive fails outside of warranty.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

It;s not about the 360 MikeB. My Xbox 360 never failed and this is said to be an unreliable console. Now my PS3 is supposed to be reliable and it broke. Now I have to pay $120. WTF

And the customer support...... WTF... call back in a later time..... what kind of support is that????? 

There have been a number of people on this site reporting problems with the Blu-ray drive motor going out. I think we're going to hear more about this problem as time goes on and the number of PS3s rise.

How far outside the warranty is your PS3?

@ kcua_626

Yes the PS3 is far more reliable, low failure rates don't imply no failures at all.

You can consider yourself lucky that your 360 hasn't failed so far and you can consider yourself unlucky you experienced this PS3 related incident.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales