By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to spend big on Uncharted advertising

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28779/Sony-digs-deep-for-another-megabucks-marketing-spend

Sony is going to spend £1,000,000 on ads for Uncharted and Ratchet, something that they have only previously done for Resistance and Motorstorm. Hopefully, this should increase the sales for those two games 

add me

Around the Network

I think that Uncharted and R&C deserves that advertising a lot more than Resistance and Motorstorm did. Those two games deserve to sell well, they are very good and solid games.

I don't know how it was in the UK, but I've seen more HS commercials than just about any other game in the USA.

Uncharted definitely deserves a good advertisement.

FishyJoe said:
I don't know how it was in the UK, but I've seen more HS commercials than just about any other game in the USA.

True in the UK too

add me

Around the Network

well they deserve it

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Munkeh said:
FishyJoe said:

True in the UK too

Quantity of ads is not (necessarily) a good indicator of how much money they spent on marketing though ...

There is a wide variation in what various television ads cost; the larger and more diverse the audience is the more competition there is for the slot and thus the price goes up dramatically. I don't know that much about the cost of ads but I know that a national ad on a popular show like Heroes or American Idol can cost over $500,000 whereas a national ad on a re-run of a show (like CSI) can be much lower than that ($25,000).

If Sony was running a targeted campaign, that was specifically targeting your viewing habits, you could potentially see the same commercial 100 times as often as if they were doing a more general campaign.

i hope these games sell very well and hopefully raise the ps3s sales

Good idea ... now if we could see some more PSP adverts to , it will be perfect :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@HappySquirel

exactly..

they used have a nintendo DS ad every time Big Brother Started n Finished (If you don;t know Big Brother is a VERY popular reality TV show in UK)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million