By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Space Extraction vs. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Thanks, I was just looking for something like this. I'm gonna read it now..... (hope it's not a joke thread :p )

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

Lol, well, one guy less who hasn't made up his mind.

You seem to be a fan of shooters, have you played with the Pinguin Cross Gun or whatever is called?

And why do you think Dead Space got better reviews overall?

Your closing paragraph made it seem like DC won by a landslide, despite your seemingly close comparisons beforehand.

At least we know which game is better.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RE:DC is way better i finished both and there is not even a single reason to compare them. RE is in another level

both are great.im replaying DC more tho, for the audio recordings which are really meaty.

Around the Network

I'll buy Dead Space Extraction then.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'll buy Dead Space Extraction then.

*checks calendar*

Is it Opposite Day already?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RolStoppable said:
Soma said:

You seem to be a fan of shooters, have you played with the Pinguin Cross Gun or whatever is called?

I am not a fan of shooters, but I liked Dead Space and I am a Resident Evil fan since the first game, that's why I ended up buying both "guided first person experiences". I have no clue what gun you mean.

About the reviews, I have a theory, but it's some crazy stuff and I would need to look at more data. But I think it comes down to some reviewers more or less intentionally inflating and deflating scores of certain games. Like "hardcore games" that are bound to flop will get higher scores and sure sellers will get lower scores. All this to get more proof that the good games don't sell on the Wii.

This gun:

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Crossfire-Integrated-Remote-Pistol-Nintendo/dp/B002ISZB4M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Is not a plastic shell like others, is something like the Nes Zapper.

I just quickly checked on IGN, user's score is at 9.3 for DC, and 8.0 for DSE. Once again user's review are different to "professionals".

RolStoppable said:
Soma said:

I am not a fan of shooters, but I liked Dead Space and I am a Resident Evil fan since the first game, that's why I ended up buying both "guided first person experiences". I have no clue what gun you mean.

About the reviews, I have a theory, but it's some crazy stuff and I would need to look at more data. But I think it comes down to some reviewers more or less intentionally inflating and deflating scores of certain games. Like "hardcore games" that are bound to flop will get higher scores and sure sellers will get lower scores. All this to get more proof that the good games don't sell on the Wii.

Sounds crazy, but I have a very similar theory, though I think of it this way - it's not that they will intentionally inflate a score when they think it will flop, they just allow themselves to give the game its real score. While if it is a major/hyped title that may succeed, the will look for every existing (and non existing) fault and deflate the score severely. May be crazy, but it certainly feels that way, regardless of whether it's true or not.

OT: regardless of anything else, the more shaky camera in DSC is a strong factor for me in favor of DSE, as shaky cameras can make me sea sick. And I like SF space horror much more than zombie horror.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

hmmm, I'm sure IGN do inflate and deflate scores, but not for the same reasons. They do it to somewhat "manipulate" sales. For example, Wii Music, he thought it was going to sell millions and probably gave it a lower score than it deserved. He was actually happy the game didn't sold as much (and thought it was in part thanks to him)

On the other hand, games like Madworld, The Conduit and others, were pushed hard by them. According to most gamers they received a better score than deserved. All with the intention so they could sell better and more games like those were made for the Wii (and less shovelware).

Actually they implied that in some podcast.