By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

Welcome to VGChartz Official Thread For Gran Turismo 5!

Gran Turismo is Italian for "Grand Tourer", often abbreviated to GT and sometimes misspelled as "Grand Tourismo". It is a highly successful and critically acclaimed series of racing simulation video games produced for the Sony PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable. All of the games are said to simulate the appearance and performance of a large selection of vehicles, nearly all of which are licensed reproductions of real-world automobiles. Since the franchise’s first entry in December 1997, over 53 million units have been sold worldwide.

The Gran Turismo series is developed by Polyphony Digital and produced by Kazunori Yamauchi.

The appeal of the Gran Turismo series is due significantly to the graphics, the number of licensed vehicles, the extent and detail of simulation, and the ability to tune performance. Handling of the vehicles is modelled on real-life driving impressions, tuning is based on principles of physics, and the sound of the vehicle's engine is based on recordings of the actual vehicles. The game has been a flagship for the PlayStation console's graphics capabilities, and is often used to demonstrate the system's potential.

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition of the most popular racing game franchise in the world, Gran Turismo! The game is being developed by Polyphony Digital, racing is their deepest passion & they are known to be perfectionists. In other words the development of Gran Turismo 5 couldn't be in better hands. Gran Turismo 5 will be the first of the main numbered series to feature on PlayStation 3.

Gran Turismo 5 will be bringing in many new things that have never been there in a Gran Turismo game before:

- An online mode, with 16 player compatibility

- Damage will grace the series for the first time

- Dynamic weather may appear in the game

- A test track from the mega popular British TV show Top Gear will appear

- Lamborghini & Bugatti will make their first appearance in the series

- The World Rally Championship & NASCAR will be featured too

- Did something awesome in one of the races? Well now you will be able to export a video of your replay to youtube

- The game will feature head tracking with the help of the Playstation Eye

- A track editor has been hinted at, however it is not confirmed

- Compatibility with Gran Turismo PSP

Lets be honest, a Gran Turismo game without cars & tracks is like a Halo game without guns & multiplayer. So does the most awaited racing game ever deliver in this department? The answer wouldn't be yes, but hell yes! 

- 1,000 vehicles, yes 1000!

- 170 Premium new models (full interior modelling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage), although lately there have been rumours that all cars may feature full damage.

- 830 kinds of standard models (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5)

- 20 track locations with variations that will bring the total up to 70

Here is the track list (this is a leaked version, so is still a rumour), the Official one will be in this spot when we get it:

Belgium:

• Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Circuit Zolder

China:

• The Shanghai International Circuit

France

• Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
  • Magny-Cours

Germany:

• Hockenheimring
  • Nürburgring
  • Nordschleife

Italy:

• Monza
  • Imola

Japan:

• Fuji Speedway (80s, 90s, F, GT versions)
  • Suzuka Circuit (GP, East, West)
  • Twin Ring Motegi (Road, East, West, Speedway)
  • Tsukuba Circuit

Monaco:

• Circuit de Monaco

Portugal:

• Estoril

Spain:

• Jerez
  • Valencia

UK:

• Brands Hatch
  • Silverstone Circuit
  • Top Gear Test Track

USA:

• Daytona International Speedway (Road, Speedway)
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Oval, GP)
  • Infineon Raceway (Sports, Stock)

Imaginary circuits in real places:

• Hong Kong
  • Paris, George V
  • Paris, Opera
  • Citta di Aria (Assisi)
  • Costa di Amalfi (Capri)
  • Tokyo, Route 246
  • Seoul
  • Madrid
  • Eiger Nordwand (Kleine Scheidegg, Bern)
  • London (Short, Long)
  • El Capitan (Yosemite National Park, California)
  • Las Vegas Drag Strip
  • New York
  • Seattle

Imaginary circuits:

• High Speed Ring
  • Apricot Hill
  • Autumn Ring
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • East Section
  • Speedway
  • Midfield Raceway
  • Driving Park
  • Beginner Course
  • Motorland
  • Test Course
  • Trial Mountain
  • Clubman Stage Route 5
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Special Stage Route 11

Rally circuit in real places:

• Chamonix
  • Tahiti
  • Swiss Alps
  • Cathedral Rocks (Yosemite National Park, California)
  • Grand Canyon

So there are loads of cars & tracks, but what about the game modes? Well all our old favourites return & Gran Turismo 5 brings some new ones into the franchise for the first time:

- Single Race

- 2 player battle

In this mode Players start with a certain number of credits, usually 10,000 (18,000 in Gran Turismo 3), which are used to purchase vehicles from several manufacturer-specific shops, or from used car dealers, and then tune their car at the appropriate parts store for best performance. Certain events are open only to particular types of vehicles. In order to enter and progress through more difficult races, a license-testing system has been implemented, which guides players through skill development. Players may apply prize money won in events to upgrade their existing car or buy a new one, collecting a garage of vehicles. Here are some of the features confirmed for Gran Turismo 5:

- World map

- Garage

- Car dealers

- Tuning shop

- Car wash/oil change

- Race Championship

- Licenses (a fan favourite)

- Photo Mode

- Photo Drive (Circuit)

- Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

Online comes to the Gran Turismo franchise for the first time, even though this is a first for the franchise Polyphony Digital have taken special measures to ensure the online experience is fantastic. Here are some of the features for the online mode:

- Open Lobby

- Text / Voice Chat

- Want to just have a game with your mates? Well Private rooms will be available!

- Online Photo Album

- Online Replay Album

- YouTube replay output

Gran Turismo 5 has so many features that I had to make a whole other section for the remaining ones. Each one of these features has been tuned to perfection and will enhance your experience:

Gran Turismo TV:

- Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®

- Progressive Download

- Improved user interface

- Continuous Play for videos

Museums:

- The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version

Sound:

- Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)

- The game will have Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound

User Interface:

- The user interface will be similar to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue due to the same design concept

- The icons will be able to change colour

PlayStation Eye:

- You are Able to track the movement of the Cockpit Camera interface, the camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye

3-D:

- Gran Turismo 5 has already been on display in a 3D version, although nothing is confirmed, there are rumours that a simple firmware update will make this amazing racing experience go into the 3-D realm!

This section is for the trailers & videos of Gran Turismo 5. Video's that are of very low quality won't be in here as they will not give you an accurate representation of the games systems or graphics. Lets start:

This is Gran Turismo 5's official E3 2009 trailer. The trailer contains fantastic visuals, great music & truly captures the excitement that is present near a Gran Turismo's release!

This is the Gran Turismo 5's Ferrari 458 Italia trailer, Polyphony Digital's tribute to the latest Ferrari model. Once again great music and unbelievable visuals combine to truly give you the Gran Turismo experience!

This Gran Turismo 5 trailer is a tribute by Polyphony Digital for Toyota's latest car, the FT-86. Visuals amaze in yet another winning Gran Turismo 5 trailer!

Another tribute video by Polyphony Digital, this time for the SLS AMG from the dream car makers, Mercedes-Benz

This video showcases Gran Turismo 5's brand new damage model. The damage model is in an early stage in this video, despite this it impresses, one can only imagine what the quality of the damage model will be for the final release!

This section is for the images of the game, we are partnering up with IGN.com to bring this definitive list of images. A word of warning, if you think they are too good to be true, have no doubt, those shots are from Gran Turismo 5:

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This section will be updated whenever new news is out. We woll be in exclusive partnershp with gtpanet, to bring you the latest news. If you find news that I haven't updated, simply post it in the thread & I will update it:

http://www.gtplanet.net/

*9th December 2009* - News

Gran Turismo 5 Update - Crashing Cars and Trading Paint

We take another spin through the Tokyo Game Show demo of Gran Turismo 5, focusing on the new damage model.

When we last took a seat behind the wheel in Gran Turismo 5, we were playing the demo that Sony had on display at this year's Tokyo Game Show. It was an interesting setup: attendees had the chance to play the game from within an actual car while using a Logitech steering wheel peripheral. Fast forward a couple months and we've just had another look at Gran Turismo 5 at a Sony event in New York City. While the demo is the same as what we saw at TGS--sans the full car, unfortunately--spending a bit more time with the game has given us the opportunity to pick up on some subtleties we missed last time. And by that we mean we smashed cars into a wall at full speed to further test the new damage model. But let's not nitpick, shall we?

First, let's talk about where we were racing. The track in this demo is the Tokyo r246 circuit, a winding bundle of urban streets guiding you past a series of nondescript office buildings and verdant parks. According to a Sony rep, this track features an easter egg of sorts: one of the buildings along the side of the track is Sony Computer's Japanese headquarters. It was an interesting factoid, but we were more interested in the cars. More specifically, we had our eyes set on how those cars show damage--a feature new to the series.

The conclusion we came away with is that the damage depicted in GT5 focuses more on the gradual wear and tear of a car rather than a sudden, catastrophic loss of parts after a huge wreck. Here's an example: we took our Subaru Impreza WRX and bumped into a wall at a pretty solid speed. Rather than witnessing the crunch of shattering headlights and other various debris, the front fender of our car began to sag on one side, dangling farther down as we traded paint with more cars in front of us. We thought that was the extent of it, but at the next sharp turn we noticed that the doors on our car wouldn't latch shut anymore, comically popping open and closed depending on the momentum of the car.

This is the sort of damage you can expect from the vehicles in GT5. You're not going to see significant chunks of the car go missing, but you will see an authentic level of wear and tear like paint scuffs that occur only on the spots where you hit a wall, or parts of the exterior that gradually separate from your car as your reckless driving jostles out the few screws holding them on.

It would certainly be cool to see a smashed windshield after a massive head-on collision, but the simple fact of the matter is that Polyphony Digital is more focused on attention to detail rather than spectacle. That, combined with the restrictions that auto manufacturers place on what sort of damage can be shown in their vehicles (smoke and fire is a big no-no) means you won't see any huge wrecks. But no matter where you stand, it's hard to against the fact that the damage that is in the game is done well.

It's also worth noting that the damage model will be a little different depending on whether you're in a production car or a racing car. We tested out a Subaru Impreza WRX equipped for WRC events, and a stock Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. The Subaru showed more pronounced damage than the Mercedes, though the latter was hardly flawless when we were finished taking it on our impromptu demolition derby. The reason for this ties back to the concerns of the auto manufacturers in the game. They're more open to showing heavy damage on cars that you'd never see out on the road, while those cars you can go and buy at a dealer are going to be scaled back a bit. It's not exactly an ideal concession in terms of consistency, but it's hard to say how much of an impact this will have on the overall experience until we see how it works in the context of the full game.

All that being said, Gran Turismo 5 is still a driving game--not a crashing game. So it's nice to see that the driving model in GT5 is just as tight as ever. Little details like the way the camera angles downward when you perform a sharp brake from the cockpit view highlighted our experience, while the distinction between the light and grippy Subaru and the v8-powered SLS AMG was easily discernible and provided a much different experience.

At this point, Gran Turismo 5 is looking terrific. The usual kinks apparent in an in-development game were nowhere to be seen, but that might not be much of a surprise considering how long the game has been in development. The North American release is currently scheduled for next summer.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo52/news.html?sid=6242643&mode=previews

____________________________________________________________________________________________

More on Gran Turismo 5’s Head Tracking

December 9th, 2009 by Jordan

Other than my article on Gran Turismo 5’s mysterious head-tracking feature, it hasn’t managed to get much press (though, admittedly, it’s only been mentioned once). However, it’s back in the spotlight once again after a Kotaku editor tried a GT5 demo with a Sony representative. Although the demo did not include head-tracking itself, the Sony rep tried to describe how its implemented as best he could:

The other stand-out feature I was told about was head-tracking. The game will support the PlayStation 3 camera, the PlayStation Eye. While one wasn’t hooked up at today’s event, it was explained that the device will track a player’s head movements. The goal is for the depth-of-field focal point far down the track to shift, matching your head movement. What you look at will be appear more clearly, in theory. So as you look a little to the right, the right part of what you see beyond your car may come more sharply into focus. But the car itself won’t turn with your head, of course.

The Sony rep explained that Polyphony’s goal is for players to feel like they are experiencing what real racers see. He noted that the feature was still a work in progress and couldn’t offer more details about how it works. From his gestures, I suspect the head-tracking will be responsive more to leans than to head turns, the latter of which obviously would make it hard to see the TV.

In other words, it would seem to suggest that GT5’s camera movement will be more subtle and intuitive rather than exaggerated and abrupt, which is a very good thing.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-on-gran-turismo-5s-head-tracking/

*8th December 2009* - News

Lucas Ordóñez Talks About GT Academy

December 8th, 2009 by Jordan

When Lucas Ordonez won the first GT Academy, we all knew he had a lot of expectations riding on his shoulders. He would be given the opportunity to enter a 24 hour endurance race with world-class drivers and sim racers everywhere watched closely as he lived the dream. Since then, we’ve seen him win races and fight for the FIA GT4 driver’s championship around the world. He made it look all too easy, but as this latest interview shows, his accomplishments are the result of a lot of determination and hard work.

If you’re eligible for GT Academy 2010 – which begins in less than 10 days now – you’d be wise to take Lucas’ advice if you want to follow in his footsteps! Keep reading for the full interview…

Q. How did you first get involved with GT Academy?
LO: “I was with some friends and we were looking through a motor sport magazine and I saw an advert from PlayStation and Nissan for GT Academy. I have always been a big motor sport fan and had a little bit of racing experience. I thought if I can train myself to be quick on Gran Turismo then I might have a chance.

“I already had a PS3, but I went straight out to buy a steering wheel and pedals for it as I thought that this would help. I was really determined and I put in lots of hours of practice and developing my skills on the Gran Turismo game. I ended up being the second fastest in Spain and racing in the national finals and I won my place at Silverstone. There I was, driving the Nissan GT-R and the 350 Z at Silverstone…amazing!

Q. How did you find the GT Academy at Silverstone?
LO: “I was very surprised by how tough it was from the fitness angle and by the level of the other competitors. It was really hard work. But the driving was amazing. Driving the 350 Z in a three-way ‘dog fight’ was incredible.”

Q. Did you think you would win?
LO: “After the first couple of days I was down around sixth position and at that time I really thought it was going to be tough. But when we got to do more driving, especially in the last two days, I just really worked hard and my confidence grew. I had some good luck but I also think I handled the pressure well , and I won.”

Q. How did it feel when they announced that you were the winner?
LO: “When they said that Lars and I had won it was an amazing feeling. I couldn’t believe it. But then, almost immediately, Bob Neville [owner of the RJN Motorsports Team] was talking to me about strategy, the car and the races we were going to do. Then I had to do lots of media interviews and thenNissan were talking to me about my contract. So after two minutes, I suddenly already felt like a real, professional racing driver!”

Q. How was the switch from the 350 Z road car to the full race car?
LO: “Our first drive of the GT4 car was at Cadwell Park in the North of England. It is a great track, very narrow but a real up and down circuit and we learned a lot about racing and overtaking there.

“There is a massive difference in terms of driving between the 350 Z GT4 and the road car – particularly in the gearbox and the suspension set up. The GT4 needs to be ‘driven’ a lot more. The gearbox is very stiff and one little mistake with your revs can cause a disaster with the engine. The road car is far more forgiving and you have room for errors, but in the GT4 car you have to concentrate 100% for every second as one mistake and it can be all over.”

Q. You eventually secured your race licence and headed to Dubai for the 24 Hour race. How was that experience?
LO: “I worked so hard in the run up to Dubai, particularly on my fitness. I was absolutely determined to show everyone that I was capable of carrying on racing even after Dubai. I was so focussed on therace. All my friends were asking me what the city was like, but I honestly don’t know as everything was concentrated on driving.

“Doing 250km/h at night on the long straight in the GT4 car was truly amazing. I was really surprised and happy with my lap times because I wasn’t so far away from Johnny Herbert and I think I showed everyone that I was professional.”

Q. What happened next?
LO: “Well that was the prize. I had raced in Dubai. But I did ask Nissan if I could carry on racing somehow. It was a tough three-month wait, but then I got the call and it was a great surprise that I would be racing in the European GT4 Cup with Alex Buncombe.

“When we won our first race in the fifth round at Zolder it was an incredible feeling. I was just thinking about everything that had happened in the last year – from playing the PlayStation to this, and I started crying! The team and Alex were all so happy. It was the best feeling of my life.”

Q. How has your life changed? Did you finish your studies?
LO: “I did pass my MBA in January. It was hard work but I had to study at the same time as preparing for Dubai but I am very pleased that I did it.

“The biggest change in my life has been going from being a student going to university every day to now going to lots of other countries and travelling a lot. I have done many interviews with the media which is very different. At the same time, I still need to stay focussed on my racing and so I train very hard in the gym and I am also busy looking for personal sponsors. This is the real life of the racing driver!”

Q. What next?
LO: “I am going to help out at Silverstone for the GT Academy and then I hope to be racing with Alex again in the European GT4 Cup. We have an unfinished job to complete, but this time in the new 370 Z.”

Q. What would you say to someone who is looking to compete in GT Academy?
LO: “The whole thing is tough. But for me racing cars was my dream, so it was great. Anyone taking part has to be prepared for a real 360 degree change to their life. You have to have total dedication and be prepared to make sacrifices. Lars, who won with me, was a great guy and he was a good driver, but I just don’t think he was focussed enough and he ended up not being ready torace.

“On the other hand, driving on Gran Turismo is great fun. So I would recommend that everybody gives it a go even if it is just to see how quick you are compared to other people. You never know!”

Q. What tips can you offer to people just setting out on the online time trial stage of GT Academy 2010?
LO: “Driving is the same as most other sports. You have to keep practising. I think I played pretty much every day on the online stage of the game. People just kept getting faster so I was always watching the leader board to see what I had to beat.

“Another tip would be to start working on fitness as soon as possible. If you make it to Silverstone it is really important. You have to be confident in yourself that you can give it a go and that it is what you want to do, but you still have to work very hard. The instructors at Silverstone are watching you all the time. Finally, I would say just get on to the GTAcademy time trial and play, see how it goes and good luck! It is definitely worth the hard work. But if you don’t make it, at least you will have fun trying!”

Learn more about Lucas at his official website.

http://www.gtplanet.net/lucas-ordonez-talks-about-gt-academy/

*7th December 2009* - News

Gran Turismo in a Classic BMW E30 M3

December 7th, 2009 by Jordan

In what appears to be the exceedingly awesome Studie store in Japan, you can get behind the “wheel” of a classic BMW E30 M3 and play Gran Turismo 4. The store, which looks to be a specialist in all things Bavarian, has fitted a Logitech Driving Force Pro (yes, it’s begging for a G25) in front of the drivers seat and mounted a Sony Bravia flat-screen right onto the hood. While I admit that it does feel a bit superfluous to see such a revered race car converted into a gaming rig, it’s bringing a lot more fun and enjoyment to people than if it was sitting there locked up – even if it doesn’t move like that Audi TT at GamesCom. Check out all the pictures of the store at Gawa, and thanks to “Enzo” for sending this in!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-in-a-classic-bmw-e30-m3/

*5th December 2009* - News

Gran Turismo 5’s Nurburgring on Video

Some rare video has emerged from Finnish gaming magazine Pelaajalehti who has shared raw footage from their tour around Polyphony Digital’s studio. The part that’s getting the most attention is Yamauchi’s 3-minute demonstration of the Nurburgring Nordschleife in what’s described as the company’s primary “cockpit” where they “check the driving physics of the car while developing the game”. As we can see from the beginning of the clip, Yamauchi digs through many different options -- a close-up shot would have been amazing, but it’s hard to make anything out from what we have. Regardless, you’ll still get a good look at how the IS-F handles, though Yamauchi’s smooth driving makes it look quite easy (much like when he drove the real thing).

I’ve included the other clips below -- they’re fun to watch, but I found one tiny revelation particularly interesting: Polyphony Digital has actually expanded to a second studio down the street from their headquarters, which is completely dedicated to writing the online code for the game. Considering how important this functionality will be, that’s very encouraging news. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

*4th December 2009* - News

What We know about the GT5 Demo

http://www.gtplanet.net/the-gt5-demo-and-gt-academy-2010-what-we-know/#more-4516

*3rd December 2009* - News

GT Academy 2010 Launches December 17th With Downloadable Time Trial

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/03/gt-academy-2010-launches-december-17th-with-downloadable-time-trial/

*1st December 2009* - News

A Retrospective Look at Gran Turismo

http://www.gtplanet.net/a-retrospective-look-at-gran-turismo/

*29th November 2009* - News

More Gran Turismo 5 Damage, NASCAR Details

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-5-damage-nascar-details/

{To be Updated}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This section will be here to analyse the sales of Gran Turismo 5. I will be doing a weekly comparison between Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo 4 sales (e.g. Weeky GT5 versus Week 1 GT4 & so on). Obviously this section will remain inactive till the game is out!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary Fact Sheet:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank You:

MetalGearSolid_4ever

Thank you for telling me how you made the section banners for your official threads. The Google Picasa tool was a boon and for the first time I was able to create such banners with ease on my own, thanks for telling me how to use it, I hope I surprise you & make your proud by the way I have used this tool!

Euphoria14

Thank you very much for the wonderful advice you gave me, from how to make the section headings look cleaner to other small pieces that combine together to make the biggest difference. If there was ever a medal in quality control, you would get the gold one!

Carl2291

Thank you for impeccable quality control and idea's that definitely made the content of the thread increase. The links you gave me were very helpful and I hope to partner with you again in the future!

CGI-Quality

Thank you for your advice CGI on how to make a great official thread!

Kantor

Thank you for inviting my dog Jerry (!) into the thread, he loves you & your valuable advice!

MaxwellGT2000

Thank you Maxwell for approving this thread & for stickying it!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some Thoughts From The Handsome Jerry:

WoofMorning to you VGChartz!
I just came here to say that I'm proud of what my owner darthdevidem01 has done with this thread, I was a puppy when Gran Turismo 4 came out. I loved the graphics and used to grrrrr every time my owner lost, which was never! I used to bark in glee and joy every time my owner won a race, which was 100 times in dog wins! GT5 will be the best racing game ever! WOOF!
From Darth's Dog, Jerry!

Last Words From Darthdevidem01:

Its been a pleasure creating this official thread. Its my first one, so it may not be of top quality, but I have put hard work & passion into it. The journey was tough and spanned over 4 days, it was hard to not have any CAPS in the thread too, but in the end I am pleased with the final product. Most of all its been an honour to make the Official Thread for Gran Turismo 5, a game which defines the word perfection, a racing experience that will inspire generations to come!

Discussion Of The Week!

To Celebrate the 100th Post We Are Having a GRAN TURISMO TRACK Competition

The rules are simple:

1. Name your top 5 FAVORITE Tracks from Gran Turismo games in general

2. If you want to say why you like those tracks, you can.....this will help us see why yous elected the tracks you did!

Points will be totalled up & we will see which track VGChartz likes the most!

**points will be toalled up in this post & the 3rd post in the thread (discussion of the week post)

____________________________________________LIVE UPDATE SPACE_________________________________________

GRAND CANYON -------------- 6

ICE ARENA -------------------- 1

Tokyo Route 246 ----------- 2

Swiss Alps ------------------ 3

Circuit De La Sarthe  ----- 3

Nürburgring --------------- 8

Trial Mountain ------------ 3

Grand Canyon ------------- 1

Special Stage Route 11 ------ 2

Special Stage Route 5 ------- 1

High Speed Ring ----------- 3

Fuji Speedway F --------- 2

Suzuka -------------------- 5

Chamonix ------ 1

Laguna Seca ------ 6

Cote d. Azur -------- 2

London ------------ 1

Tahiti Maze ----- 1

El Captain ----- 1

Further WeeklyDiscussion:

Share with us the following:

WHAT was your first Gran Turismo game?

WHEN did you become a fan of Gran Turismo & describe why you became one?

HOW many Gran Turismo games you own?

WILL you buy Gran Turismo 5 Day 1?

___ NOTE : You may still vote for your TOP 5 favorite gran tursimo tracks

First post should be this -

Definitive!

Also, love the thread darth!

Definitive

Excellent work Darth

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

@carl

YAY you got the first post

@nen-seur

thanks

The game deserves it!

nen-suer said:
Definitive

Excellent work Darth

Too slow

Cant wait for this, definately gonna be the best racing game this gen... (Until GT6!)

Good job !

OK now everyone I need to make a FAQ section

so if you have any questions that may be asked commonly, put em forward, this will allow me to make the most useful FAQ!

btw, where is the vid for the GT5 tribute for the Benz SLS-AMG ?

Since you included the other two...