By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Tekken 6 Load Times (PS3 vs 360)

Let's Compare Tekken 6 Load Times

Late last month, Tekken 6 was released on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The editors at Japan's Gemaga decided to see how the load times stack up.

Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions compared with the game running installed on the hard drive as well as running off the actual disk. When the game is installed on the hardware, there isn't that big of a difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360 — the Xbox 360 is slightly fast by a few seconds, but no biggie.

However, according to Gemaga, it takes over thirty seconds (33 seconds, to be exact) to change a character and change a stage running the actual game disc on the PS3, compared with the 11 seconds it takes to start a fight on the Xbox 360 using the game disc.

Not sure whose fault this is or what the deal is exactly, but I want multi-platform titles to be truly multi-platform — meaning that everyone has the same gaming experience. Anything less is simply unfair.

「鉄拳6」の各要素をゲーマガ編集部が紹介。PS3版とXbox 360版のロード時間なども検証してみた(鉄拳6) [4Gamer via オレ的ゲーム速報@刃]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

33 s loading time on PS3 against 11 s on Xbox360 is really strange, too much difference. Namco´s fault ? More difficult on developing games on PS3? What about the graphics, are there main differences ?

ruimartiniman said:
33 s loading time on PS3 against 11 s on Xbox360 is really strange, too much difference. Namco´s fault ? More difficult on developing games on PS3? What about the graphics, are there main differences ?

That's using a disc on the 360, when both are installed they're about the same.

Tekken 6 uninstalled - XBox 360 load times are significantly faster than PS3 load times.
Tekken 6 installed - No difference between loading times for XBox 360 and PS3 versions.

BTW: You need to install Tekken 6 on PS3 but no need to install Tekken 6 on XBox 360.

Article has already been posted. Source: Lens of truth.

Holy shit. o_o; This is probably due to the fact that DVD drives are faster than Blu Ray drivers for now.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ruimartiniman said:

That's using a disc on the 360, when both are installed they're about the same

Yeah. Anyway, the game is supposed to be instaled in the hard drive, who´s gonna play the game from the Blu Ray disc ?

While this difference is noteworthy (and may be because of technical issues), it is interesting how the OP talks about wanting to have the same experience on multiplatform games.

To begin with, it is not truly possible since different games use different controllers, making if nothing else the exact nature of the required hand movements to be slightly different. Other issues, such as the process use to map graphics or detect movement may also cause differences. In other words, these consoles can be like comparing a Mac and a PC -- very different animals.

But in this case, the overall experience appears to be approximately the same (especially if installed), so it is not a big case. This is not like different versions of the game being done by different developers such that one version is truly different and superior -- even though they are billed as the same game (e.g., NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 is much better than the GC/Xbox version.).

Ironically, when Activision took the "same on all consoles" approach when it made its Atari 2600 releases multiplatform, it was blasted for not upgrading the graphics or adding things on the newer/better machines. So this argument has been going on longer than many posters have been alive.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

DaBuddahN said:
Holy shit. o_o; This is probably due to the fact that DVD drives are faster than Blu Ray drivers for now.

Exact-o-mun-do

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Why can´t all developers do like Naughty dog.

So this is one of those games that has slower load times for the installed version on 360?