By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tim Langdell / EDGE Games getting pwned on linkedin

Absolutely hilarious thread developing on Linked In.

Tim Langdell of EDGE fame (the guy suing everyone that has a game with the name 'edge' in it) has posted a job request, looking for a new developer to join EDGE.

He's been called out by Brian Beuken of NHTV Breda as being a shyster and a sham of a development company.

You can view the thread, if your subscribed to LinkedIn and in the 'Game Developers' group here:

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&discussionID=8545996&gid=59205&commentID=7525596&goback=.anh_59205&trk=NUS_DIG_DISC_Q-ucg_mr#commentID_7525596

Here's a quick posting of what's going on:

Coders and 3D Artists Needed (PC, PS3, Wii, XBOX360, iPhone) - worldwide

EDGE Games is currently expanding its development teams and are seeking the following:
* Programmers with expertise in coding for Wii, PS3, Xbox360, PC, DS or iPhone/iPod Touch (preference for those who have coded for a shipped product)
* Animators with experience in Maya or 3D Max (again, experience with a shipped game preferred but not essential)
* Programmers with expertise in procedural graphic coding on any platform.
* Coders with expertise using the Unreal Engine.

Posted 18 hours ago | Expiring in 13 days | Reply Privately

Comments (7)

1. Brian Beuken

Lecturer in Computer Gaming at NHTV Breda

Why are you still pretending you are a game developer? You have no dev status on Wii/DS/Ps3 or Xbox and your offices are a mail box....EA are about to shut you and your Edge scam down for good and you could well end up in jail for your perjury.

Anyone even remotely tempted to respond should read www.chaosedge.wordpress.com

Enough already Tim, the whole world knows you're not a games developer, apart from you it seems. Time you stopped this!

Posted 8 hours ago | Reply Privately

2. Martin Piper

Owner, Replica Software

EDGE Games have not been active for years.
    http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=92051465&pty=CAN&eno=1

Tim, have you paid the other developers who took you to court after you failed to pay them?
    There are many other questions you have not answered Tim.
    http://www.igda.org/node/1035923
    http://www.igda.org/node/1037144

Posted 7 hours ago | Reply Privately

3. Andres Del Valle

Department Chair - Computer Animation

wow, thanks guys. I'll make my students aware of this.

Posted 2 hours ago | Reply Privately

4. Tim Langdell

CEO, Edge Games

There is no truth to what either of you say and we note again the deliberate damage you two are trying to cause Edge Games. Edge has been active as a developer/publisher for the past 30 years, and as you know currently has a new game in release with several further games in development. We are authorized Nintendo (Wii/DS) developers and we are PS3 developers, too. We are also authorized Apple iPhone developers and despite what you say we the reality is we have several XBOX360 titles in development. EA's futile attempt to cancel our trademarks will fail since it has no basis in fact or law. No developers ever took Edge Games to court over a failure to pay them, and so far no one has been able to send us anything that shows there was any truth to that. Of the several hundred developers and artists who have worked for Edge over the past 30 years the vast majority have been entirely happy with the experience they had working with us.

Posted 1 hour ago | Reply Privately

5. Brian Beuken

"we"? How does 1 man working with photoshop (badly) out of a mail box get to use the royal we?

I never mentioned Iphone, anyone can be an Iphone developer for $99. Even me. XNA also provides a way to the Xbox but you are not a developer...you can't be..not running from a mail box..We all know this, and so do you. Don't try to hide from the point..you do not have developer status on Wii,DS.PS3 or Xbox360. You are not therefore in any position to offer work to anyone who is qualified to work on those consoles.

Tim, stop...seriously, I am starting to think you must be ill, you've been exposed totally. And the more you continue to parade these grandiose delusions that you are an important figure in the games industry the more we will point out the simple facts that show you are not. In that way the development community you've been living off vicariously for years now will eventually shed itself of you.

Edge Games is a shell, a sham, a non entity you've kept going for years to give you some sense of importance that your output simply does not justify.

There can't be a developer left who does not know that.

You can make these bold statements till the cows come home the facts are quite simple. EA will shut you down, your lies have been exposed and the more you protest them, the more retribution for them will come your way.

The whole world knows you for what you are...when are YOU going to realize this?

6. Tim Langdell

CEO, Edge Games

Again, you are wrong. Edge Games is an authorized developer for Wii/DS, etc. Your saying Edge is not a developer does not make it a fact no matter how many times you say it. That you totally ignore the fact Edge currently has a game in release reveals that you have no goal other than to cause damage to Edge Games no matter how many facts you have to ignore to achieve your twisted objective. I note you repeated the lie about two programmers suing Edge Games and once again fail to provide any evidence that happened. It did not and you know it did not.

7. Brian Beuken

Tim
    I AM a registered developer...I can check..I did,...you are not.

I know its not easy for others to get hold of this information, so you can make this claim fairly confident others cannot check it...but I can, I have, the fact is you are the liar...and you don't seem to realize the game is up.

Your game in release...ie Racers? is actually Voltage a previously released game, your ownership of which is questionable, and you've sold....0 copies...a fact provable by the invoice numbers received by two ChaosEdge users. You've not actually delivered the copy of Racers that was ordered..so I really don't see how that qualifies as a game in release?

The more you attempt to justify your ridiculous claims the easier it is for myself and others to disprove them.

You're a psychologist...tell me, why do people who get caught telling lies insist on repeating the lie over and over again hoping that at least someone will believe them?

Posted 39 minutes ago | Reply Privately

Epic!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

P'wned

Awesome!

By the way, what is Linked in? Heard of it before in passing, but never got any info.

If there are more awesome comments, will you post them?

This is invisible text!

I'll update.

LinkedIn is like Facebook/MySpace for businessmen/women. It seeks only to group employed people together looking for jobs, or discussing their businesses.

Since I work for a video game company, I am part of the 'Game Developers' forum on LinkedIn. This was where Tim's job posting is being displayed, live.

Major pwnage.

So in reality how much trouble can he get in for this, I dont really know the business aspects or the legality of his actions.

Around the Network

omg watching the "Racers" trailer and than seeing the Voltage game made me laugh hilariously this guy is clinically insane, someone put Tim Langdell out of his misery.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Is the thread locked or something? More please =D

No updates as of yet. Seems that Tim doesn't want to respond.

Vetterman - The fact is, Tim is in a heap of trouble as it currently stands. He has tried to sue too many companies, and they've finally called him on the carpet. The issue is that he has no products whatsoever. So when he goes to court, he will need to provide proof that he actually has video games in development. Without any developers to build his supposed games, he will have no proof and will be massacred and will be hopefully out of a job.

mrstickball said:
No updates as of yet. Seems that Tim doesn't want to respond.

Vetterman - The fact is, Tim is in a heap of trouble as it currently stands. He has tried to sue too many companies, and they've finally called him on the carpet. The issue is that he has no products whatsoever. So when he goes to court, he will need to provide proof that he actually has video games in development. Without any developers to build his supposed games, he will have no proof and will be massacred and will be hopefully out of a job.

Well it sounds like he is a disease to the video game world and I hope he gets whats coming to him.   Good riddance

Do you know anything about the "Racers" game that was supposed to be released over a month ago?

I also like the fact that the EDGE homepage lists 750 games, and counting each translation for each console as a different game. Very funny, actually.

This is invisible text!