By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare doesn't deny PS3 Mass Effect.

BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka refused to rule out the possibility of a PS3 version of Mass Effect during an interview with CVG at Gamescom last week even though we kept pecking.

When quizzed on why the developer chose not to bring the series to PS3, Muzyka said: "I think a more accurate way to frame it is to say we've announced we're developing Mass Effect for 360 and PC. Right from the beginning we said we wanted to deliver Mass Effect on the 360. Right now all we've announced is we're working on 360 and PC."

So a PS3 version might happen then? "We haven't announced anything on that front," said Muzyka. But it's not out of the question, we pressed. "We haven't announced anything on that," he repeated.

A 'no' is a definite 'no', and that's not a 'no'. Make of that what you will. Full interview later today.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222086?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Around the Network

i knew this from the start.

a while ago the devs said they wanted the game to reach as many as audience as possible, it was only later it was announced on 360.

i predict mass effect 2 will be on ps3 6 months later.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I doubt the original would come. 2 year old port ain't gonna sell anything.

Skeeuk said:

a while ago the devs said they wanted the game to reach as many as audience as possible, it was only later it was announced on 360.

and it would bomb pretty hard, just like Bioshock.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Maybe they're waiting to see how Dragon Age does... since they have a PS3 team. Using the experience from that game, they could get Mass Effect onto the Ps3

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

Yes but don´t u think it would be strange if the orginal Mass effect didn´t show up on ps3.

DirtyP2002 said:
Skeeuk said:

and it would bomb pretty hard, just like Bioshock.

bioshock came out over 12 months later, but if a 6 months delay is on mass effect 2 it will sell ok.

either way ps3 owners who want to play the game, should be able to purchase mass effect 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Tbone said:
Skeeuk said:

Yes but don´t u think it would be strange if the orginal Mass effect didn´t show up on ps3.

saints row 1 and call of juares didnt show up yet sequels were released on ps3.

i think mass effect 2 will do ok on ps3 even if it comes out later.

Tbone said:
Skeeuk said:

Not for PS3 since it has a whole bunch of incomplete series. Original Condemned and Saints Row are still only on 360 among others.

Bioware was talking a couple months ago about how they had an exclusivity deal with microsoft through the second game in the series. So that is why it hasn't gone multiplat yet. Give it 6 to 12 months after it comes out on the 360 and you will probably see it go to the ps3.

Although, depending on how well it sells, microsoft might try to extend the deal to keep it exclusive. I don't see them doing that though unless it sells over 4 million, which I don't see it doing.