By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Suda 51's New PS3 Exclusive: Kurayami

The eccentric Suda 51 harnesses the power of PS3 for a bizarre action/adventure inspired the work of existentialist writer Franz Kafka
. In an unusual town full of odd locals, your stranded characters must explore the town and its castle to find a way out, using only his carried torch to light his way and to fend off the unexpected and unexplainable horrors that await. Advanced new lighting and graphic techniques are used to impress upon you the feeling of fear and loneliness (the tite "Kurayami" means "Darkness" in Japanese) as you venture through to the end of your quest.

"The player will be thus plunged in a village obscure which it will have to traverse with a torch to reach a castle and to discover his mysteries. Thanks to the power techniques of PlayStation 3, Suda Goichi intends to stress the graphic style (textures, drawings of the characters, decorations, etc.) of Kurayami so that the player can truly feel the darkness and darkness, the concept of the fear will play a very important part in the play."

Check gamekyo.com for concept art, link below on alternative sources.
-------------------------------
A dark game again...sigh. It might be good anyway though.

Around the Network

This game was announced before the PS3 was released. And the article is from 2006...

It could still exist, but I think it's vaporware

Is this a disc based PS3 game? or PSN?

zexen_lowe said:
This game was announced before the PS3 was released. And the article is from 2006...

It could still exist, but I think it's vaporware

Really? Oh well I took the news from N4G. It might be vaporware indeed.

A technically impressive Suda 51 game? Yeahh riighty!

If the game actually exists, itd be another reason to buy a PS3.

Around the Network

Why did this get brought to light?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It won't happen there working on NMH 2.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Please link to the source or do not post things like this ever again. Thank you.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
Please link to the source or do not post things like this ever again. Thank you.

What's wrong with you? He posted three sources.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Don't be mad at him for being tricked by someone uploading this on N4G, Freetalk. Happens to everyone.

This appears to be someone just uploading old news to N4G for giggles. Just going to lock this. If I'm proved otherwise I will reopen it.