By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Controller Discussion

Nintendo has existed for more than 20 years already and its probably going to last more than that, it is well know that Nintendo has innovated in each of its consoles during the years, now i want you too look at the controller

First we got the NES controller, simple but pretty useful, nothing fancy, few buttons

Next the SNES controller, featuring 8 buttons! this is my favorite controller ever i have to say, its as comfortable as the recent controllers, but there is something about it... the way it fit may hand, even if it hurts after playing Street Fighter 2 for a while, it actually seems rewarding

The N64 Three Thumb controller! i just hate it, its good for certain games, but it really doesnt fit my hand, and its shape is real weird

The GC controller, i think its better than the psx, ps2, and xbox controllers, the stick in the left, and the big colorful buttons make it really cool, and must say i like how it looks like some kind of abstract art

Wiimote... the most controversial control ever, yet it is really versatile, if you grab it horizontally is almost as an NES controller, vertically its like a bottle of champaign, combined with the nunchuk... its a hand killer, its one of the best controllers ever, but it depends on how much the developers think on the user, it is known the random waggling is lame...

ESPECIAL MENTION:

Classi Controller: It looks like an Snes controller, but the stick feels a bit weird on it

Stealth Snes controller: I have to love it its the best arcade like controller ever, i wish i could use it on my wii *.*

Discuss...!

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network
elmerion said:

Nintendo has existed for more than 20 years already and its probably going to last more than that, it is well know that Nintendo has innovated in each of its consoles during the years, now i want you too look at the controller

About 120 years, actually.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

I mean in the videogames industry...

The snes was pretty good, but the flatness doesn't feel comfortable now that i'm used to today's standards

I absolutely hated the n64 controllers. I had 4 sticks break/loosen horribly/ snap right off.

The gamecube is my favorite of the nintendo controllers. It fit great, the buttons were in the right places. If it were a bit thinner it would be my all time favorite.

The wii's nunchuck is probably my second favorite controller- the simplicity of it is great. The wiimote though- meh. the buttons are too far away to play it one handed in the vertical way. Horizonally it's not too bad.

just to prove i wasn't trolling about those sticks snapping off

Around the Network

It doesnt surprise me lol xD

I heard there was a 2-pronged "converter" of sorts that could enable you to use SNES, and N64 controllers for (Virtual Console and a few motionless) games on your Wii.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I heard there was a 2-pronged "converter" of sorts that could enable you to use SNES, and N64 controllers for (Virtual Console and a few motionless) games on your Wii.

There are converters for GameCube to NES, SNES, N64, and I think Genesis as well.  Since they trick the Wii into thinking those controllers are GameCube controllers, they will only work for games that work with GC controllers, such as Virtual Console games, Metal Slug Anthology, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and whatever else uses GC controllers.

@OT, you're forgetting that the NES was the first console to use the D-Pad instead of a joystick, so yeah, it was pretty revolutionary too.  And the N64 controller was pretty revolutionary and versatile too.  You hold the left D-Pad prong for 2-D games and the middle analog prong for 3-D games.

N64 controller rules!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

The Nintendo 64 was great, but the stick was really really weak. But the damn thing was very precise.