By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've Been Burgled - Laptop, 28 Games, 2 Consoles.....

Wife woke up to discover our front door open.  Went downstairs to find we had been burgled.  They stole:

Laptop (worth £1,100), HD PVR, Xbox 360 with 2 games, Wii with 26 games, wife's gucci bag, 2 wii motion pluses, 2 classic controllers, 3 wii remotes, 3 nunchucks, wireless sensor bar, Tom Tom sat nav and my old camcorder.

Insurance should cover anything hopefully I just have to pay annoying £75 excess.  Problem dealing with the trauma and hassle.  Plus laptop had all the pictures of my four month old son (always tell wife to back up to external hard drive but she never listens, maybe she will now).  Plus all my game saves are lost.  All the effort to unluck so many things thrown away.

Luckily (well not lucky given what was taken) we went for a party on Sunday and took camera and camcorder and I left them upstairs when I got back.  Previously they had been downstairs.  Otherwise would have also lost HD camcorder and Digital SLR.  Probably even more lucky was wife was not the last person to drive.  If she was the car keys would have been in her bag which they stole so could have been dealing with car being stolen as well.   Also luckly that we just recently got projector ceiling mounted because we just had a baby and so had to get it out of the way cause of when he starts crawling.  Previously it was sitting on the floor and that would have been the first thing they would have stolen. 

More importantly at least we are safe.  Just scary that could happen when we are in bed.  Especially with baby in the house.

Is there a way to recover game saves by the way?  Think that means I have to officially resign from the Mario Kart league as by the time insurance company replaces Wii and games I would have lost even more skills and then I will not have the good characters and bikes unlocked and can't bother to unluck them.  Wii Sports Resort and Conduit which I have not even played have been stolen.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Someone broke into your house and you didn't notice?

That's terrible! At least nobody got hurt though. I know for me, the fact that someone came into my house would be far worse than losing the things they took.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Words Of Wisdom said:
Someone broke into your house and you didn't notice?

Ugh, its not uncommon ...

Well, I'm glad you're insured. But any way you look at it this is a major pain in the ass.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

sucks

Commiserations man, just make sure you stay strong and don't let it f**k you and your family up too bad. I know someone who was outgoing and had no fear but after having a similar thing happen to himself he changed into a recluse and constantly fearful of people. Stay strong

p.s get a damn good security system fitted

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Hmm, I know this wouldn't happen to us. Or at least I hope.

This will likely make me always set the alarm before I go to sleep.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I've worked hard for the things I have. To have somebody come in and just take them would really make me upset.

In my living room alone, I can count about $5k worth of shit.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Yeah I have a heck load of stuff in the living room which makes breaking into the house a jackpot for the thieves. Apart from the laptop the more expensive items are not easy to access as there is a whole mass of wires. Otherwise they could have made up with loads more stuff.

Will definitely get an alarm system now. Didn't think there was a point before because I didn't even know this type of thing happened or at least never thought it would happen to me.

I sleep very very deeply so not surprising I didn't hear anything. I have a baby sleeping next to me and I don't even hear him when he wakes up crying in the middle of the night. Wife doesn't sleep as deeply but with a baby depriving her of sleep she probably sleeps very deeply due to fatigue.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down