By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks the wii only costs a 100$ to make?

When the wii released almost 3years ago every news station was saying that unlike its competition,

the wii profits 50$ from each console sold and that was 3years ago.

Fast forword to now and i honestly think it costs nintendo even less than a 100$ but for the sake of this debate ill say 100$.

If sony can reduce their very powerful and very expensive 840$ps3 costs to around 410$,  why cant the wii reduce their costs by 100$?

Nintendo doesnt want the consumers to know this thats why they dont brag about it or release details on production costs.

And they have the guts to rasie the price in europe for the wii by 10to20euros.

Good for nintendo for making a 150$ on each wii sold.

LOL sorry for putting it in a sony section.

Around the Network

That's how much it's price drop should be. That is how much the wii is worth imo.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I don't thin so... Nintendo used "old" technology in their console. That means unlike Sony and MS prices on newer technology drops faster. At a certain point it stops lowering.

Why is this in Sony section. And I am sure it has gotten more profitable, how much no one will know for certain until Nintendo release numbers detailing the costs.

the wii is extremely weak in todays terms. soon my phone will have better graphics.. i wouldn't be surprised if it was under 100$

Around the Network

It's impossible to say how much a product costs to manufacture, because it's pretty much a judgment call. Also as far as I know Nintendo has never really released any figures. But I think around $150 would be a safe bet.

This is invisible text!

No

4 ≈ One