By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is a Sony fanboy + Why MGS main series will not be on 360

Kojima is a Sony fanboy + Why MGS main series will not be on 360

1. Every main MGS title in the past 10 years has been an exclusive release on a PlayStation system. 

2. The disc swapping joke, poking fun at 360

3. Kojima even has Snake with the PS3 Siaxis controller in his hand while controlling the Mrk II (360 fanboys obviously dont even know about this considering they asked for a "straight port")

4. The sheer size of the game with the cut scenes, voice overs, and MGO. Would it even fit on 2 360 discs? It would probably take more than that.

5. Kojima has gone on record to say that MGS made its name on PlayStation, and therefore will always be loyal to PlayStation systems.

6. The ports and side stories put onto other consoles (Twin Snakes on GameCube, MGS2: Substance on the original Xbox) have done very poorly in sales. Meanwhile MGS titles always sell around the 4 million+ on PS systems.

7. Kojima is Boss. MGS is by far the biggest title from Konami. Kojima can do whatever he wants. He doesnt have a big wig breathing down his neck forcing him to port anything.

8. Sony never paid for MGS4 to be exclusive. It was solely Kojimas decision. 

9. In regards to above, if Kojima still has no plans of releasing MGS4 on 360 after a year of it being on shelves, why would he EVER release it on 360? Porting it, passing it through ESRB ratings, marketing/publishing it, would take atleast a good 6 months. By that time, MGS4 will have been out for a year and a half on Ps3 already. 

10. It's obvious through Kojimas latest teasers that he is already focusing on the next MGS game(s), and not on porting MGS4.

So there you have it fanboys. Stop begging for MGS4 on 360. It's not happening. Not now, not ever. If you're lucky, you miiiiight get a half assed VR missions or Substance spin off.

Anyone who sees a thread about MGS on 360 rumors can officially link to this thread. Good night.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Money speaks louder than words and past quotes, especially in these trying times. Last years FFXIII E3 announcement for the 360 proved, anything is possible this generation.

Even if it is released for the 360 I will still maintain the series on my PS3, but I only hope it goes multi-platform. The more people who can experience the series the better.

you should have waited before making this statement, if mgs4 or 5 is anounced for the xbox360 today i suggest you leave the site for a year. It will be to embarassing if you stayed.

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

No they're a business with shareholders and the main aim is to get profit not the respect of Sony fans.

I think both MGS4 and MGS5 (if there is one) will go the route of MGS2. They'll be ps3 exclusive, then an enhanced version will hit the 360 down the road. Only the enhanced version will be 360 exclusive, with the ps3 instead receiving the enhancements as DLC (which they will probably make us pay for =/).

The real questions surround MGO, what with the whole Konami ID BS. They wouldn't be able to get away with that on XBL, and I don't know whether they'd forgo their control and use XBL, or just not port MGO at all.

Around the Network

You should have waited till Tuesday to post that.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

just out of curiosity...what will be ur reaction when it does happens?

@infamous8

You have balls of steel my friend. To say this right before the event that has a decent chance of proving you dead wrong. I hope you understand if you are proven wrong that you will almost be immediately traumatized by the taunts and ridicule. It will be damn near impossible to show your face in these forums. Every statement you make will be followed by another poster broaching this very statement.

You will be the laughing stock of VgChartz maybe after tomorrow.

Number 2 was a poke at the disk-swapping of older mgs games , not at the 360.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!