By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami registers new Metal Gear Solid title : Existence

Hideo Kojima has said on more than one occasion that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be the last game in the canon. Then again, he said the same thing about Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and we all know how that ended up. Without saying specifically that Kojima has changed his mind once again, Siliconera reports that Konami has registered the title Metal Gear Existence on the Japanese Trademark Database along with the image attached to this post.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/09/19/konami-registers-new-metal-gear-solid-title/

Around the Network

HURAAAAAY!!!! I wish iT will be as good as MGS3!!!!

dude thats old...September 2008 old...

You post a news from...September 19???

That's why I thought it sounded strange, I felt we had already heard of a MGS Existence

Funny thing is, Kojima never said MGS3 was the last game in the canon. Hell, even before it was released it couldn't have been the last game in the canon since it was a prequel.

Btw, this is old news.

Around the Network

Don't get your hopes up too high. This is probably just the finished release of MGS4, as opposed to the one they rushed and cut features from so they could release it again and bilk people into paying twice. You know, like they did with Integral, Substance, and Subsistence?

After going 3-for-3 with this shameful and dubiously-ethical behavior, I figured Kojima wouldn't pass up the opportunity to make it 4-for-4. It's one of the reasons I haven't bothered to play yet. Now, when I finally do rent a PS3 for this game, I'll only have to pay once for the full experience.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

ok so the "Solid" in MGS denotes a full game, not a spin-off...right?
most of the other handheld ones were just Metal Gear XY!Z or somesuch
or am i just spouting carp?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Hideo Kojima has said on more than one occasion that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be the last game in the canon. Then again, he said the same thing about Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and we all know how that ended up. Without saying specifically that Kojima has changed his mind once again, Siliconera reports that Konami has registered the title Metal Gear Existence on the Japanese Trademark Database along with the image attached to this post.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/09/19/konami-registers-new-metal-gear-solid-title/

Didn't they register this like 6 or 7 months ago?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

this is just the redo of MGS4 most likely. It is still MGS4 so Kojima isn't lying about MGS4 being his last game.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453