By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Magna Carta 2 Info And Screens

The developers have confirmed the battle system is completely different from Magna Carta 1.

Looking at the battle screens, I don't see an alphabet soup, and no wheels. It looks like a more normal turn based style with action elements in battle. Apparently entering battles will be seamless, and you can switch around the leader in realtime. There's the command system for ordering your allies, and you can link attacks to create combos with the Chain System. The environments will be varied, and will affect how battles work (I'm thinking status/hazard type stuff).

Around the Network

awesome, thanks for the info. i have been looking forward to this game

I've always wanted to play the 1st but only had a gamecube last gen. I'll be looking forward to this one.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

There is a surprising lack of boobage in those photos

I don't know why, but the graphics are giving me a huge Dynasty Warriors vibe from them, for whatever reason. But cool, looking forward to a new JRPG with a classic battle system.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
There is a surprising lack of boobage in those photos

True! Where is Reith? lol

Seriously it is good they changed the battle system the last one was very annoying.

g value ooks like we both were posting these at the same time. I posted all the screenshots and character art in mine. I heard that about the battle system as well g-value I can't wait to hear more about it myself.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Well if they fixed the combat I am going to have to push this on my wishlist. Maybe I'll get over the firsts one Combat system flaw and play through it one of these days, or before I pick this one up if It's any continuation of story. Yay boobiez!

It's just that simple.

Looks decent

looks great