By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft's Greenberg: Final Fantasy XIII will sell more on Xbox 360

While Final Fantasy XIII may be a PlayStation 3 exclusive in Japan, we hear word from Microsoft this week suggesting that the game will sell more on the Xbox 360; once the title reaches other regions.

In reponse to the latest February NPD game / hardware sales figures for the US, Microsoft has commented on "formerly Sony-exclusive series’" expecting them to sell more on the Xbox 360 in the future. This includes the recently released Resident Evil 5 as well as Final Fantasy XIII.

Microsoft have been talking up their market share of late, also noting that Resident Evil 5 is likely to sell more on the 360 than the PS3.

The eagerly awaited RPG will be released on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 outside of Japan, but not before a period of PS3 exclusivity following Square Enix's Japanese launch.

Microsoft's claim still seems to be an ambitious one, given the popularity of the role-player in Japan, coupled with the PS3's stronger sales in the region. Sony are unlikely to be too pleased with this teasing, either.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22833

Around the Network

well its greenberg so i aint surpirsed. to reply to him i give a simple, no.

SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!!11111

yahh and in his mind the red ring probably means Rudolfs red nose.

I love Greenberg. He's so awesome. Like a ADHD kid with down syndrome, and that pic just verifies it. And a true american on top of that, meaning that he has no clue what happens in the rest of the world. Id bet this guy would end up on the top ten people of Jay walking on The tonight show with Jay Leno.

"What is the religion in Irak?"
"Muslim?"

Around the Network

oh if he meant america only then he may be right but if hes talking worldwide then its not the 360 version will, might, can but its, the 360 version WONT outsell the ps3 version. not if japans got anything to do with it. hey greenberg why dont you go to japan and start talking? maybe all the japanese people will die from boredom and there you have it! no more japan! 360 version wins!

who wants to punch that S.O.B.?

Wow....so much anger in this thread...

First of all, he is Greenberg. What else is he going to say? "Microsoft gives up because we can't compete with Sony when it comes to sales of FFXIII since they are too strong for us?"

Second of all, the 360 has a history of outperforming the PS3 when it comes to multi-platform games.

Interestingly, though, Japanese games that started on Sony platforms but are now on the 360 as well as the PS3 appear to sell better on the PS3...by a few hundred thousand units though. Check out the vgchartz sales for Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5. Soul Calibur IV, though, sold better on the 360.

So as you can see, though Greenberg has evidence of multi-platform games selling better on the 360 than on the PS3, the Japanese support seem to be helping the PS3 on Japanese made games in general.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

DMC:
PS3 1.26m
360 1.11

RE5:
PS3: 0.94m
360: 0.75m

Soulcailbur IV
PS3: 0.97m
360: 1.13m

Street figher 4
PS3: 0.74m
360 0.67m

Yeah.. good call.

I don't see FFXIII selling more on 360 than the PS3. Japan is going to be a tremendous advantage for the PS3.