By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Excitebots - Info/Boxart

New ExciteBots: Trick Racing details, Wi-Fi included

Posted by Daniel Vuckovic on 03.04.09

The first details on ExciteBots: Trick Racing have emerged since its announcement last week. From the newly released box art and small retail description we can tell that it'll take the Excite Truck game throw in some robots and fill your races with some crazy stunts and minigames. According to Nintendo "You won't believe your eyes when you find yourself shooting goals, throwing pies and even playing poker in the middle of racing robotic animals and insects around off-road tracks". More inside

The game is being developed by Monster Games, the guys who also previously made ExciteTruck. The game is confirmed to have Wi-Fi connection play for up to 6 players.

While "mini games" never sounds good, doing them at speed in the middle of the race while pulling off tricks could be interesting. Although a far cry from ExciteTruck design-wise (although considering how well that sold it could be a blessing in disquise.

Could be awesome, you know Nintendo are the only dev. to get kid friendly racing games right. Diddy Kong Racing IS NOT that good

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

The game is being developed by Monster Games, the guys who also previously made ExciteTruck. The game is confirmed to have Wi-Fi connection play for up to 6 players.

I'm sold. I would have been just fine with ExciteTruck 2, but as long as it's the same developer I'm keen. Nice to hear it has online play. Normally I don't care much about online multiplier but I would of killed to have it in ExciteTruck.

Ugh......

So instead of Excite Truck 2 with online multiplayer we get this...........

Looks like Monster has heaped an extra pile of crazy onto a game which already had plenty.

I wish ignorant people wouldn't comment on sales. 600k is pretty damn good considering the limited content in Excite Truck. And VGC data isn't even complete on how this sold in EU.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Sol said:

You were really attached to those trucks?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The idea could turn out to be really fun but it could also suck big time. I want to see gameplay videos of how the 'minigame' aspects are implemented. Wi-Fi = Win at least!

If its like Excite truck...im sold...if its like nitrobike..ill burn it...

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

I loved excite trucks and still play it these days. I'm sold on this game if it's as fast as excite trucks was with the same level of challenge (some star goals were really difficult to get by the end of the game but you always felt you could acheive them).

famousringo said:
Sol said:

You were really attached to those trucks?

It's not my favourite game by any stretch of the imagination but I did enjoy it for a month or two. I simply would have prefered a sequel over this new game.  Having said that, "Excitebots" may turn out to be a great game and if it does I will be happy to give it a go.