By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metro 2033 PS3 Exclusive!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.evilgamerz.com%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dfullnews%26showcomments%3D1%26id%3D18143%26titel%3D&sl=auto&tl=en

January 7, 2009 - The Russian team, 4A-Games is currently working hard on the game Metro 2033: The Last Refuge. Mensen die ooit al eens van het spel gehoord hebben zullen weten dat het hier gaat om een grafisch magistrale game. People who have ever even heard of the game will know that this is a brilliant game graphics. In een interview met de GamesRadar heeft 4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov gezegd dat hun nieuwe engine optimaal gebruik zal maken van de nieuwste technologie van de PlayStation 3 en ongetwijfeld één van de grootste first person shooter games zal worden met grafisch uitermate veel detail en kwaliteit. In an interview with the Game Radar has 4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov said that their new engine will make full use of the latest technology of the PlayStation 3 and one of the greatest first person shooter games will be very much in graphic detail and quality.

Metro in 2033, you in the shoes of Artem placed. Hij is een jonge soldaat die de ondergrond weet te bereiken en daar aangevallen wordt in de donkere gangen van het ondergrondse. He is a young soldier who knows how to reach the ground and attacked in the dark corridors of the underground. Het gaat hier om zowel gemuteerde dieren als om menselijke mutaties die je tegen het lijf zult lopen. This is both mutant animals to human changes to the body that you will walk. Je zult moeten proberen om verschillende politieke organisaties en de overheid te achterhalen. You'll have to try to different political organizations and the public to find out. NPC's in het spel zouden onafhankelijk leven. NPC's in the game would be independent living. Zij kunnen dan ook interactief verschillend op je reageren. They can also interact react differently to you.

And here is a very old trailer of the game from 2006....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Not PS3 exclusive. It was announced as PC/PS3 originally, but last month's OXM had a feature on it, so it would seem it's headed to the 360 as well.

Looks awesome, though. A definite buy for me.

is this the big announcement, that is mentioned in another thread?

Never heard of it. It doesn't even have a wikipedia article.

D'you think this is the rumour PS3 exclusive to be revealed this month?

Could be okay. Need to see/hear more about it before I judge.

From IGN:

"An action-oriented combination of horror, survival, RPG, and shooting, all based on a story by Russian author Dmitriy Glukhovskiy.

The whole world lies in ruins. Humanity is almost annihilated. Due to the high-level of radiation cities became unsuitable for living. Humans have yielded the supremacy on Earth to a new species. Creatures mutated by radiation are more adapted to the changed world. There are only clusters of humans left on the planet ... At least, that's what the ten thousand survivors camped out in the various sections of the Moscow metro must believe, since they have no evidence that they are not the last ones alive. And now, even this way of life is being threatened by the evolved evil from outside. As Artem, you set out from the first invaded colony, fighting through a society of divided by desperate politics, ideologies and economies to warn the rest and reach the Polis stronghold before everything is destroyed.

# Variety of gameplay styles -- play as a heavy strike fighter or as an inconspicuous killer, however you see fit.
# Non-linear story and a variety of non-obligatory tasks.
# Thriving station-cities to explore, where peaceful citizens and the station lives its own life independent from player. Children run and play among dwellings, women cook meals and sew, men have discussions and clean weapons.
# High-level AI empowered to model the NPC behaviour in close combat similar to real people.
# A number of various anomalies: gravitation distortion, energy clot, intelligent immaterial images, and other mysteries to be uncovered.
# Ammo is money. Use your smarts when unloading clips, because your next shot may be the difference between success and failure.
# Variety of mini games."

Around the Network

an fps huh? well good luck with that (sadly I think this game will be haze-ed)

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

krimoz911 said:
an fps huh? well good luck with that (sadly I think this game will be haze-ed)

It's more likely to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.ed, and that's definitely a good thing.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

You sure this is PS3 exclusive? Last month's OXM had an article about this game, which is actually where I first heard of this title.

well the game was announced for ps3 but there hasnt been any news on this game in a longggggg time but now people is saying that is multi so i dont know.

Wow... better translation, please. I don't speak Russian.

EDIT:  The screenshots finally loaded after I posted.  It looked oddly familiar.  That is because I read about it in OXM last month... so probably not a PS3 exclusive...

ZOMG finally an FPS!