By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The RROD has apparently fried some minds as well as some consoles.

So I was at Target yesterday when I overheard a conversation between some teenagers.  The one guy was explaining about what a lousy week he was having cuz his cellphone died, his computer is being fixed and his 360 RROD.  I actually heard him say that he probably isn't going to send it in for the free repair.  He's probably just going to buy a new console.  Let me get this straight, now we reward Microsoft and their faulty hardware with our money not just once, but TWICE?  I've come to accept the expanation that you guys keep your systems after multiple RROD rather than selling them cuz you like the games, but I can't imagine why you'd pay to replace something that can be fixed for free.  Somebody please assure me this kid is just an idiot and you 360 guys around here haven't done that.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid.

He was probably figuring that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

but for $200 I'd go through a lot of trouble...

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

its not like this is a situation that is specific to this product.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

$200 for a new console (with 2 free games and an extra controller) that should have improved reliability.

or

A Christmas with no game system, and a repaired system that might fail again.

A lot of people will just pay the $200.

Around the Network

Sending the console away to be fixed is too much of a hassle. Better off buying a new XBox 360. I had my first XBox 360 for 2 years and 8 months and it has died. I will send it to be repaired but I have also just bought another XBox 360 Arcade which came bundled with Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless Guitar and two other games.

What he should have done was buy a new console, send the old one in for repairs, and then sell it. He gets a new 360 that probably won't RROD and someone gets a cheap 360. Everybody wins. Kind of.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Well the person is prolly talking shit, I'm sure you've said things like this when talking to others because you can't be arsed to sort it out, but in reality when you've got some time you will do it.

I know I've said things like that in the past out of respect to social lubrication...

Sort of like "how did your day go".....I say "not too bad" when it went "crap".

Having a discussion about sending an Xbox 360 back for repair most people can do without, the actual conversation that is as well as the RROD.

I don't like the tone of your post btw, are you trying to create a negative vibe, it sounds like you are.

RDBRaptor said:
What he should have done was buy a new console, send the old one in for repairs, and then sell it. He gets a new 360 that probably won't RROD and someone gets a cheap 360. Everybody wins. Kind of.

Excellent advice or just give the repaired older XBox 360 to a friend.

I've had two friends buy new 360's arcades instead of send it in for repairs because their warranties were up and for $70 more they get a new system with another controller.

A lot of people who actually get their 360's repaired seem like the ones who get stuck with the RROD the most, so it's not that unreasonable. For all you know, he may of already had it repaired for once and this is the second or thrid time it's died. So who are you to judge?