By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX : how much profit did XBOX division make in last finacial year???

^as above just need an answer for it.

i can recall that i think it was the last finacial year that XBOX division turned a profit for the 1st time since launching the orig xbox, how much was it in profits?

ive tried to google but no luck.................

thankyou in advance..................

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

2008FY ended with 426M$ in profits.

2009FY first quarter ended with 178M$ in profits.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

when does the current FY end, is it march or april?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Bitmap Frogs said:

can u link me on that i still cant find it lol

Skeeuk said:
when does the current FY end, is it march or april?

MSFT FY ends at the end of June

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

can u link me on that i still cant find it lol

Practice your Google Fu!

It's a GAF link, some guy keeps track of this. Used to at least, he didn't update for last quarter...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

You're not going to find anything specific to the console aspect of Microsoft's gaming division. It's buried under the mountain of Games for Windows and Windows licensing profits.

ive tried i only get total microsoft numbers not xbox division.....ty for helping out though

Groucho said:
You're not going to find anything specific to the console aspect of Microsoft's gaming division. It's buried under the mountain of Games for Windows and Windows licensing profits.

I'm hoping that's a gross exageration, windows licensing profits are reported under a different division.

Skeeuk said:
ive tried i only get total microsoft numbers not xbox division.....ty for helping out though

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnings/default.mspx

edit: It's called "entertainment & devices"