By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10158270984.html

[PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV (Capcom) - 77k
[360] Grand Theft Auto IV (Capcom) - 27k

[PS3] LittleBigPlanet (SCE) - 30k
- Includes DS3 Controller Bundle
- Excludes PS3 80GB Hardware Bundle 

http://namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1225266984/774

[PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV (Capcom) - 77k (48%)
[360] Grand Theft Auto IV (Capcom) - 27k (48%)
[PS3] LittleBigPlanet (SCE) - 21k (43%) + 7k (DS3 Bundle)
[NDS] Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon (Square Enix) - 15k (22%)

[PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, PSP the Best (Capcom) - 8k
[WII] Bokujou Monogatari: Waku Waku Animal March (Marvelous) - 7k
[PS3] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (SCE) - 7k
[PS2] Thunder Force VI (Sega) - 6.7k

http://namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1225441491/564

[PS3] LittleBigPlanet (SCE) - 21,530
DUALSHOCK3 Bundle Pack: Black - 2,817
DUALSHOCK3 Bundle Pack: Satin Silver - 2,465 
DUALSHOCK3 Bundle Pack: Ceramic White - 2,217

Around the Network

nice GTA debut... especially on the Ps3 western games usually sell pretty close on the 360 in japan despite the user base advantage.

Arent those bundles just the controller ones and not the console ones?

apparantly a source said Hardware bundles aren't included

otherwise great for GTA 4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Looks like the PS3 will finally break the 360's sales when streak. It may have chance of surpassing the Wii for the week as well. Any word on how many LBP Bundles Sony produced?

Edit: I posted before OP said 7k of the LBP sales were bundles. Well it should definitely pass the 360 but the Wii will be out reach.

LOL 7k SOCOM....

Around the Network

@darc requiem

they are just dualshock 3 bundles I think

Could be better for LBP, but it's better than many Western games. Hopefully, it will have legs.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Darc Requiem said:

Looks like the PS3 will finally break the 360's sales when streak. It may have chance of surpassing the Wii for the week as well. Any word on how many LBP Bundles Sony produced?

Edit: I posted before OP said 7k of the LBP sales were bundles. Well it should definitely pass the 360 but the Wii will be out reach.

Those are the DS3 bundle, not the PS3 bundles...

Nice for GTA4. Not so nice for LBP.

I could gloat here and say good games don't sell on the PS3, like all Sony fanboys are doing with Wii releases (Sky Crawlers, Tenchu), but I know LPB simply isn't a game that Japanese people in general like.

I'm very disappointed in LBP & if they are bundle sales PS3 sales..only 7K

BTW was the 80GB seperately released as well or just in a bundle with LBP?