By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii "inhospitable platform for third-party publishers"

Wii "inhospitable platform for third-party publishers"

The Wii is still a difficult format for third-party publishers looking for sales success, according to one analyst.

While three Wii games from Nintendo featured in the top ten best-selling games for August in the US, EA's Madden NFL 09 was the only third-party Wii title to do so, despite the Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 versions of the same game taking the top three positions.

"The Wii version of Madden 09 sold 79 per cent less units than the PS3 version and 87 per cent less units than the 360 version, despite a larger console installed base and an improved Metacritic rating," noted Doug Creutz of Cowen and Company.

"We continue to believe that the Wii is a relatively inhospitable platform for third-party publishers," he said.

Creutz also noted that no THQ titles made the top ten best-sellers in August for the third month running, Electronic Arts and Activision Blizzard only saw single digit year-on-year growth, and Take-Two sales were down 53 per cent due to 2007' release of BioShock.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/wii-inhospitable-platform-for-third-party-publishers-says-analyst

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Is this 1996? Did they take an old article and replace Nintendo 64 with Wii and throw in a couple of new things.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Good way to base an assumption, based on 1 game. 1 game that had a new image, was made more casual, I still believe that's the reason why people stayed away from this game, even though I think it will show great legs.

Morons and stupid people without brains are able to be analysts, and the worst part is that they pay them to talk bullshit. They deserve to be exterminated.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Talk about ignorant...

This whole thing is based on Madden 09....MADDEN! Are you serious. Last time I checked, Midway was selling more copies of its little party game weekly than Unreal Tournament 3 or whatever. 3rd parties pop up on the Wii almost every 3 weeks with something new. Get out from under your rock, 2006 is over.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Err... WHAT?!! Havent they enough with Boom Blox?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Is this supposed to be NEWs?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Commando said:

Is this supposed to be NEWs?

It is what it is, you should know by now that I am all for enlightenment even if it means that I have to enlighten you about morons on the internetZ.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

This doesn't deserve a second thought.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Maybe Starcraft and Crazzyman could be great analysts.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Sooo this guy is making this statement based only on Madden? ..... Well another analyst is always well received ... for teh lulz!!