By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Itagaki Says PS3 Easier To Develop For Than Famicom!!

The former Dead or Alive designer also dispels the notion that the PS3 is too difficult to develop for:

"One more thing I would add is that I don't think that developing for the PS3 is hard at all. It was much harder developing for the Famicom. It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it".

We'll look into passing that along to Valve and ask about maybe getting Left 4 Dead ported over to Famicom as well!

Who says the ps3 is hard to develop, clearly those developers (valve) that say the ps3 is hard to develop for should consider looking for a different career path! 

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169637

Around the Network

Aye. Lazy devs better not dev at all.

lol, it's like saying ''Hey! It's easier to play Flight Simulator X on Windows than piloting a real aircraft.''

Development tools adapted for the times Itagaki... >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

He sure didn't say it was easier than the 360, which is generally accepted. Of course the PS3 can be developed on its just currently the hardest system to develop for

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
He sure didn't say it was easier than the 360, which is generally accepted. Of course the PS3 can be developed on its just currently the hardest system to develop for

I agree that the Ps3 may be harder to develop for, but some developers make it sound like they have to climb the mount everest, just to develop for the ps3!!

Look what Naughty Dog and Insomniac have managed to make aboslute stunning games in the start of the ps3 lifecycle, I dont hear them complain, and who can forget MGS4!

IMO Valva should not be making any games for making such a unprofessional comment!

Around the Network

"One more thing I would add is that I don't think that developing for the PS3 is hard at all. It was much harder developing for the Famicom. It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it".

Maybe he should stop drinking.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

megaman2 said:
xman said:

I agree that the Ps3 may be harder to develop for, but some developers make it sound like they have to climb the mount everest, just to develop for the ps3!!

Look what Naughty Dog and Insomniac have managed to make aboslute stunning games in the start of the ps3 lifecycle, I dont hear them complain, and who can forget MGS4!

IMO Valva should not be making any games for making such a unprofessional comment!

I agree. Valva is a very bad game developer!

With that said, I'll be enjoying Team Fortress 2 on PC now, created by Valve. ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

^ Yeah, you better damned be.

The reason why you never hear Insomniac or Naughty Dog complaining is because their games are being published by Sony. And, in the case of Naughty Dog, they are owned by Sony.

I bet $100,000,000 that if I gave 200 people 3 years to develop games for the Famicom I would have far more excellent games than if I put that exact same group towards developing PS3 games.

I have yet to see a single Itagaki game that's better than a single Valve game.

This jobless drunk can go back to boob physics or whatever he does when he's not sexually harassing women.