By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Scan of Nintendo Powers review of The Force Unleashed

A bit on the short side and not very clear about why they gave it a 7.5 other then the lightsaber controls, honestly they seem to like the powers and story so it sounds closer to an 8.0 then a 7.5 but they also gave other games 7.5's this month.

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS) = 7.5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (DS) = 6.0
Mario Super Sluggers (Wii) = 7.5
Tiger Woods PGA TOur 09 All-Play (Wii) = 8.5
Disgaea DS (DS) = 7.5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii) = 7.5
Sam & Max Season One (Wii) = 7.0
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Wii) = 8.5
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii) = 6.5
Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation (DS) = 6.0
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli (Wii) = 7.5
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli (DS) = 6.0

I never really liked Nintendo Powers reviews cause lower scored games seem to be more fun then higher scored games at times (their reviews are almost eratic at times not much consistency IMO) >_> just like they gave Okami a 6.5 (it might have been a 6.0) which was an awesome game, but honestly they seem to be in one of their "we're going to be hard on our games month" and maybe 7.5 will translate to higher scores from other reviewers.

Honestly I'm still getting my copy of Force Unleashed on Wii.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

i expected a higher score, i remember another review gave it (wii version) an 8.5

Where did you find that review and who was it?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Meh. Im still buying it.

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Official Nintendo Magazine

http://gonintendo.com/?p=53478

Star Wars: Force Unleashed 82% (Wii)

8.2, i was close lol

Around the Network

^ same here

BTW what they said was wrong with the DS version is the collision detection, D pad movement wasn't as tight as they wanted, and while the controls are unique with how combos work they said you could basically hit the saber button a lot. Honestly it sounds cool, I may try it out as well.

I'm pretty sure Disgaea DS, DQIV, and Stars Wars the force unleashed shouldn't have a score similar to super mario sluggers.  I don't know Nintendo Power seems to like to give good games low scores for some reason.

11ht11 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Official Nintendo Magazine

http://gonintendo.com/?p=53478

Star Wars: Force Unleashed 82% (Wii)

8.2, i was close lol

Nice, I was looking for this game to get solid 8's I wasn't even expecting 9's but hey I love the 8 games just as much as 9's at times.  So is there anywhere that their full review is posted?  I would like to see what they have to say.

Nintendo Power is always biased against ports. They hate ports of any kind. If it isn't a Wii exclusive they're not fans. That's not to say there isn't merit to this review however it just sort of suggests how even more lacking the HD version are without the superficial perks of extra levels and motion controls.