By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

I know we had a lot of these threads... blah blah blah... stupid... blah blah blah... I won't post anything constructive... blah blah blah. Stop right now and just discuss it nicely, with no flaming. 

The Kingdom Hearts series has been an amazing series that started on the PS2. Then it was released on the GBA, then PS2 again.

Obviously, the series shows no brand loyalty. None. Nada. Zilch. Make your arguement all you want, Square Enix is a company after money, not loyalty.

For me, I think the best choice is the Wii due to development costs, sales, gameplay and bias.

If it is released on the Wii, it will have cool gameplay. The Keyblade will hopefully be mapped to the Wii, then the other buttons will be mapped to other various buttons. No more button mashing, but key-wagging! But if it was 1:1 it would be cool and some strategy would actually be involved.

The development costs will also be much cheaper, as opposed to PS3. Obviously with larger sales, it will result in a much greater profit. Maybe it won't have the same attach ratio, but sales speak larger than percents.

The PS3 may have graphics, but the game has not really revolved around graphics. Its story and gameplay were the most important features. Since the system does not change story (it does gameplay), it really won't matter about its looks as long as it looks better. The length won't matter, because the Wii could easily do a 35-40 hour game.

Obviously, the gameplay reason is subject to change and therefore, you could have a different preference, so share your thoughts, politely.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Um why did you make this thread? There has been 1,0000000000s of these, and they all ended up starting fanboy wars.

it matters od disney and what they choose, personally i hope it comes out for the ps2

Wii. The fact that Disney favors the Wii combined with the greater profit margins of the system make it a perfect fit.

Unless Sony shells out some $$$, though I think they'll talk to SE about a FFVII remake first. :P

Did you read the first post? I said that I know there have been a lot of threads in a joking way, and I really don't care. This is a new one, and it will be nice.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Did you read the first post? I said that I know there have been a lot of threads in a joking way, and I really don't care. This is a new one, and it will be nice.

I hope your right. I am going to say it will come to the wii , because the reasons others and you have stated. 

makingmusic476 said:
Wii. The fact that Disney favors the Wii combined with the greater profit margins of the system make it a perfect fit.

Unless Sony shells out some $$$, though I think they'll talk to SE about a FFVII remake first. :P

if that was the case for disney, i think that multiplatform would make the most money.

a12331 said:
makingmusic476 said:

if that was the case for disney, i think that multiplatform would make the most money.

If it was multiplatform it would suck. The ps3s graphics would be hindered, and the wiis controls would be hindered. You wouldn't gain an advantage of the console but have the disadvantages. 

Well going multi-platform with the Wii and HD Consoles takes a while to do and burns a hole in their wallet.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

i think most large companies care about the money more taht anything, such ea, microsoft, disney, apple, etc