By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii at 44.8% world marketshare. This is the best so far, right? Insane.

That's insane.  Wasn't it down to 44.3% a week or 2 ago?  Was I not paying attention for a couple weeks, or was it all this insane week?  I noticed Wii sold 50.9374698% of consoles in Others and 60.6059515% of consoles in America, and for some reason I feel the same will happen in Japan when the numbers come in.

Is the Wii beginning its final attack towards 50% of global market share?  I think GTA4 might put it back in time a week or 2, but then it's smooth sailing until Wii hits that 50% sweet spot this year.  With Wii Sports/Play/Fit on the one hand and Zelda/Galaxy/Brawl/Kart on the other, and WiiWare launching as some sort of third hand, there is absolutely no reason for Wii sales to slow down.

Anybody want to discuss this or fight me?

Around the Network

go Wii!!! i rlly hope it makes 50%

*fights Rubang´s ghost*

45% with Japan's data...maybe

GTA4 will throw a kink in the drive for 50%... WiiFit should keep the Wii from losing any ground... I think as long as the remains hot most of the progess will be made June-Aug... then Nintendo will pull back supply, and it could actually make 50% over the Holidays(I think the Wii will have 3-4 weeks with sales OVER 1 million, with peak week making a run a 2 million)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

ehh...i doubt the wii will make 50% marketshare this year, maybe next year. its biggest established franchises have already dropped.

I whole heartedly agree. Let us break out the rum and grog and celebrate a successful taking of the 50% market share ship. HOIST THE COLORS! *Shot in the face for being a douche*

Ow. Being shot in the face hurts. *Kicked in the balls for being overly obvious*

These Wii percentage threads are starting to get as annoying as whenever the PS3 sells a million units, or gets another million seller.

*throws gun away and leaves the scene*