By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Big Three

Tagged games:

Well iv been reading articles and alot of gamers claiming that Halo 5 is on the Decline and a Remastered heavly bundled PS4 game NDC has outsold a game on half the Hardware sold and isnt heavly bundled.

So lets compare it to Sony and Nintendo's biggest franchises and see what we find.

Halo 5 has sold 3.4m on a console with 19m+ sold

GT6 has sold 3.4m on a console with 85m+ sold

Mario 3D World sold 4m on a console with 12m+ sold

So Halo isnt doing too bad considering Sony and Nintendo's biggest franchise have done the exact same thing.

So a remastered heavly bundled PS4 game NDC has out sold Sony's greatest franchise aswell? Does this tell the community something? Yes, heavly bundled games are freebies and increase sale counts without any pressure, look at Wii Sport bundled with the Wii sold over 82m copies while Kinect Adventures sold 24m.

Lets get off Halos case because what ever Halo has done is no different to what GT or Mario have done. Three of the companies biggest franchises that arent selling as well as there predeccors.

So lets stop comparing a game that is being given away for free to one that isnt. I am talking about NDC and H5. If you do the maths, Halo 5 is selling the same as NDC on half the hardware and not as bundled focus. This a better question, Would NDC sell the same as H5 if it was sold on the same amount of hardware with less bundleing? I daubt it.

This is not a fanboy post, its to get my point across, because when i bring up facts and good points i get locked out of the threads. Its an Interesting world we live in today..   

Around the Network

You bring up facts and correlate them randomly. Congratulations!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Azzanation said:

Well iv been reading articles and alot of gamers claiming that Halo 5 is on the Decline and a Remastered heavly bundled PS4 game NDC has outsold a game on half the Hardware sold and isnt heavly bundled.

So lets compare it to Sony and Nintendo's biggest franchises and see what we find.

GT6 has sold 3.4m on a console with 85m+ sold

So Halo isnt doing too bad considering Sony and Nintendo's biggest franchise have done the exact same thing.

So a remastered heavly bundled PS4 game NDC has out sold Sony's greatest franchise aswell? Does this tell the community something? Yes, heavly bundled games are freebies and increase sale counts without any pressure, look at Wii Sport bundled with the Wii sold over 82m copies while Kinect Adventures sold 24m.

Lets get off Halos case because what ever Halo has done is no different to what GT or Mario have done. Three of the companies biggest franchises that arent selling as well as there predeccors.

So lets stop comparing a game that is being given away for free to one that isnt. I am talking about NDC and H5. If you do the maths, Halo 5 is selling the same as NDC on half the hardware and not as bundled focus. This a better question, Would NDC sell the same as H5 if it was sold on the same amount of hardware with less bundleing? I daubt it.

This is not a fanboy post, its to get my point across, because when i bring up facts and good points i get locked out of the threads. Its an Interesting world we live in today..   

You have no point, GT6 sold over 5m.  Offical!

Your entire post is null and void.  Stick to actual facts next time.    

Ill add, these days its quite debatable what is sonys biggest franchise.  GT Uncharted or Tlos.  

I, as a Nintendo fan, wish that the Halo series performs well and sells good because I like competition. Competition keeps the industry going.

i honestly just think that halo 5's underwhelming sales has to do more with what console it is on. halo on the 360 was very good to microsoft because they did very well with the 360. however, this time around things are just different. i wouldnt doubt halo could get close to 10 million next generation if MS is the market leader.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
LOL
Gran Turismo 6 has official sales and it's near around 4.7M, released on a system with the succesor already on the market as an exclusive.
GT6 is still outselling Halo 5 being a last gen exclusive title released this gen while Halo is a current gen exclusive game.
GT6 is still outselling all 3 XBO Forza exclusives combined, that's three releases on a current gen system unable to beat a release on a past gen system post PS4 launch.
GT6 even after the PS4 is still able to beat any XBO exclusive.

That's what is happening.

Don't worry, Uncharted 4 is near, it'll show you that a quality game is able to boost the franchise even more on a new system, not decline. And let's see what a full fledged GT can do on PS4, GT Sport should be able to outsell any Forza until GT7 comes.

Poor excuses. Do you count 4.7m as a successful GT game? Because in time i am sure Halo 5 will hit those numbers (If it hasnt already with its digital sales)

The problem is you will twist it no matter what. If Halo 5 was heavly bundled next month and went on to sell 5m you would claim that it doesnt count.  Ill be honest 4.7m is pisspoor on a console with over 85+m sold for there major franchise. Atleast with Halo its close to GT6 numbers on a system with not even a 1/4 sold on the market. There is a big difference there.

Ill remeber your post in afew months when Halo breaks 5m

Well you're comparing Halo to by far the worst selling GT game. What is your definition of success exactly? Because we all know that when GT sports hits the market next year it will sell a LOT more than 5m, can you say that about the next halo game?
Now as for the sales/install base argument, this just proves that xbox one has no proper exclusive games and a huge amount of the ppl who buy it do so JUST to play halo games...
The ndc-halo comparison has no point, I agree with you on that.

For a PC gamer, you sure love to rant about halo 5. Hasn't this horse been beat enough though in that other thread? 

*Edit

Also you should have used The Last of Us in your comparison instead of GT6 numbers on the PS3 

The Last of Us has sold 4.1m on a console with 36m+ sold

So many facts wrong. GT6 sold more than the numbers here, Uncharted was heavily bundled but so was the masterchief collection and Halo 5 and yet they will were outsold by Uncharted Collection.
Naughty was always a big seller for PS go look up the PS1 numbers. I bet if you put all naughty dog games together against all Halo games you would end up seeing Them outselling Halo.

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:
BraLoD said:
LOL
Gran Turismo 6 has official sales and it's near around 4.7M, released on a system with the succesor already on the market as an exclusive.
GT6 is still outselling Halo 5 being a last gen exclusive title released this gen while Halo is a current gen exclusive game.
GT6 is still outselling all 3 XBO Forza exclusives combined, that's three releases on a current gen system unable to beat a release on a past gen system post PS4 launch.
GT6 even after the PS4 is still able to beat any XBO exclusive.

That's what is happening.

Don't worry, Uncharted 4 is near, it'll show you that a quality game is able to boost the franchise even more on a new system, not decline. And let's see what a full fledged GT can do on PS4, GT Sport should be able to outsell any Forza until GT7 comes.

Poor excuses. Do you count 4.7m as a successful GT game? Because in time i am sure Halo 5 will hit those numbers (If it hasnt already with its digital sales)

The problem is you will twist it no matter what. If Halo 5 was heavly bundled next month and went on to sell 5m you would claim that it doesnt count.  Ill be honest 4.7m is pisspoor on a console with over 85+m sold for there major franchise. Atleast with Halo its close to GT6 numbers on a system with not even a 1/4 sold on the market. There is a big difference there.

Ill remeber your post in afew months when Halo breaks 5m

Poor excuses is what you are giving, don't play the victim herem you are the one trying to twist reality with your install base random excuses.

Where are all those 360 exclusive games with its all 85M+ install base just like the PS3 post XBO making any support to your claim? Dead install base means nothing.

Why did Halo sold around 10M per game on a 20M install base on the XBOX and Halo didn't sold over 43M per game on the 360?

You are the one pulling twists and going for it making a thread to expose them, remember this post as well, and I'm very aware of what I said in the otherm the "still"s are not thrown there for no reason.

Keep yourself in reality.

Thats strange becasue GT5 sold 10m units on the same platform just like Halo 4 sold 9m on the 360. GT6 went on to sell 4m while Halo 5 went on to sell 3.5m. There exactly the same thing. Both prime games of there series both selling the same amount of games per series. Even with a high install base, GT6 didnt do to well but no one is throwing there arms up in the air like Halo 5. And we dont know how much Halo 5 will sell. It could already of surpassed 4m and probably hit 6m lifetime so i wouldnt be justify GT as a reason it didnt sell becasue of the PS4. Thats just a poor excuse.