By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub sales

Tagged games:

Not made a thread in ages, but with all the shenanigans around DriveClub, I thought this might be something interesting to discuss. 

As we all are aware, Driveclub launch hasn't gone as planned and with 2 weeks passing and there still not being any sign of a ps+ version,  what is the likelihood of large number of gamers holding back from making a retail or psn purchase. 

Myself and a few friends couldn't be bothered waiting and just took the plunge with the £35 ps+ edition. Although non of us regret it as it is an amazing racer, it has annoyed us not being able to play against each other and not getting our club points for all the races. 

Retail for release week seems to be just over 170k for US and UK, but this doesn't include the online purchases. 

Although retail sales may not reach large numbers, I think the game will sell well through ps+ due to its discounted price. We will probably hear sales figures from Sony once the problems have been sorted and sales reach a milestone. I think the game could sell a million by end of December if they sort the problems out by the end of October, what are your thoughts? 

Around the Network

I don´t know man, everyone hated the game (reviews...).
I am thinking 500k, a million lifetime at best.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Reviews haven't been flattering but those who have purchased the game for the better part of it seem to be enjoying it a lot. 

That raises another question - when people play the free ps+ version and disagree with the reviews from gaming sites, will it affect how these gamers view the journalists / sites? 

Many people have bought this game knowing the bad scores the game received and issues it had. The rarest compliment came from a friend who only has a  box1 and he said the game is great (admittedly he is a Grid and PGR fan).

I think the holding back of the free version actually helped the sales.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It will be heavily contingent on the first week sales and then what happens when PS+ activates.

Around the Network

Well, I think its sales are primarly due to a long wait for a Sony exclusive racer with amazing graphics. Its shortcomings in gameplay and/or content should affect sales after launch, perhaps, but one cannot be certain how great the thirst for many to get a racing game is.

500K lifetime on retail

i think US sales of DC are over tracked. i dont think it will do will retail. Digital it surely will have a higher percentage of sales than most retail games do.

Rafux said:
500K lifetime on retail

No way.

It will probably do about 200k first week. Lifetime will probably reach 1m.

Even Motorstorm Apocalypse, which launched with 20k, sold ~ 500k.

You all will be surprised, it did very well in Europe.

For all the bad reviews and server issues, the people who own it like it. Add the PS4 effect and its the only racer in over a year also TheCrew was delayed till December and Project Cars till 2015.

It shall smoke 3 million (digital included) by end of xmas if online starts working and updates upgrades happen fast.

Worst case scenario it does 2 million over all bundles/retail/digital.