By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget DKC! Nintendo, bring back Donkey Kong 64!

Tagged games:

Should Nintendo bring back DK64?

Hell yeah! 35 50.72%

Maybe 8 11.59%

No, I prefer DKC! 17 24.64%

They should just sell DK to MS.. 3 4.35%

Are you ready for WIIIII UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! 4 5.80%

Total:67

Nintendo made their nostalgia points well when they started off with DKCR on the Wii. It was a great platformer that revamped the series after over a decade of shitty DK titles. It's time that Nintendo stops doing to DK what they're doing with NSMB, and bring back what was, not only one of the best games of the 90's, but the best DK title ever created. I am of course talking about DK64. Nintendo seems to be ignoring this gem everytime it's brought up, and are putting too much emphasis on trying to create nostalgia. A DK64 HD remake on Wii-U, or even a 3D remake on 3DS, would be absolutely amazing. They remade SF64 and Mario 64, so why not this? Come on Nitnendo! I know there's rumors cricling around that because Rare made the original, they still own part of the rights, but at the end of the day, Nintendo still owns the characters and the franchise as a whole. Even on that note, is it really impossible for them to just buy the full rights? It's not like MS can ever use it. Please Nintendo, bring back this gem!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

It would be pretty nice to see  a HD remake of DK64. Specially if  the DK rap stays   unchanged! That song is a rap masterpiece just like the Knuckles raps in SA1 and SA2.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo must do the opposite of what enemies of the Mushroom Kingdom want.

I have been found out...

I'm actually about to play this on an emulator, it was a great game. That aside though, I think they should focus on something else, The WiiU is hurting for games, but the one genre it has plenty of right now are platformers, especially with all the Lego games coming soon. Don't get me wrong I would personally love a 3d explore'em'up platformer for the WiiU, but they need to get a Metroid or Starfox game or something on there first.

Sure let's make a sequel of a shitty game. Fuck Donkey Kong 64, that game sucks.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I didn't like the game much when it came out. Traversing each area 5 times over gets boring after a while. It just didn't live up to the DK Country games for me.

I think that the collect-a-thon platformers have aged terribly. I liked Banjo at the time, but going back now it is not very good.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
I didn't like the game much when it came out. Traversing each area 5 times over gets boring after a while. It just didn't live up to the DK Country games for me.

I think that the collect-a-thon platformers have aged terribly. I liked Banjo at the time, but going back now it is not very good.

If you look at it like that, then literally everything Ninendo is doing right now is bad, because everything they're doing now has been done to death. They've lost their touch of genuinely recreating their series with each gen, and are now just banking on creating things that are cost effective and they know will sell.

So, Donkey Kong Country U?

Better yet, an all new 3D Donkey Kong game would be pretty freaking awesome. Still one of my favorite N64 titles.

Hmm

spurgeonryan said:
Yeah. I am done with half ass 3d and nostalgic 2d games.

Yes. Galaxy and .sm3dw are half assed 3d

Mario 64. Sunshine. Were not.
.dk64 definitely was not . So much...too much content!

Does that mean you didn't like Mario Galaxy 1&2 or SM3DW?