By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon’s Souls on PSN Tuesday ** ONE OF THE BEST JRPG THIS GEN **

Tagged games:

Yes, it is better than Dark Souls.

And now on PSN do download at $19.99 plus the SERVERS ARE UP INDEFINITELY (I expect the Dark Souls servers go down first).

PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!

A lot of unusual things go on here at ATLUS, and as a publisher known for delivering great JRPG content, Demon’s Souls represented something unique even for us: runaway mainstream success. In the years since its release, Demon’s Souls went far above and beyond our usual humble offerings, partly because it’s such a special game. It’s a Japanese-developed RPG, made by From Software, but it has a distinctly Western look and feel in the weight of its movements and the ruthlessness of its enemies and environments. It’s a single-player title, but it has a strong online component unlike anything that came before it, where you can summon other players as friendly ghosts to give you a hand, or be invaded by hostile marauders without warning. Its unsparing difficulty seemed to mark it as destined to be appreciated only by a select few, yet it’s been universally lauded (and awarded Game of the Year by a few, including GameSpot) and remains our highest-selling title ever.

As a thank you to the fans who have supported it this far and kept the servers burning, we’re excited to announce that Demon’s Souls will be available on Tuesday, January 8th, as a digital download on PSN. Now you can buy it from the comfort of your own home; if you haven’t yet tried it for yourself, its price of $19.99 should be a warmer welcome than any bonfire. What’s more, to celebrate the digital launch of Demon’s Souls, we’re holding a Pure White World Tendency event from January 8th to 14th, which slightly reduces the difficulty of the game and opens up a few things that can only be accessed in the Pure White state.

So come on and find out what everyone else who’s played and loved Demon’s Souls already knows: the joys of dying over and over again. And when you do, don’t forget to leave a message for the next unfortunate wretch who’ll come after you. Our favorite? The real Demon’s Souls starts here…

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/03/download-demons-souls-on-psn-tuesday/

Around the Network

Already plugged 250+ hours in and platinumed. Still playing Dark Souls...still not having as much fun.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'm on Chapter 2-1 or something I think, fighting the big spider. I haven't played it in a month though!

Sounds cool. I should really get into this series. All my friends are talking about it.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Everyone who hasn't had the pleasure of playing through it, should. It's a great game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

It's an awesome game, And I agree that Demon Souls is slightly better than Dark souls imo.
If you have never played it, do yourself a favor.. for 19.99 it's a steal

I might get it, though i know i'll suck at it :P

I'm getting it soon, but I have to finish Borderlands first. Still, this is a must-play for me.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Beat the game for the first this year, then played it again. Bought it day 1 in 2009 lol. Amazing game.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

The biggest star for me in Dark souls was the interconnected open world design.
A hub based world doesn't feel as great after that.

The greatest hits edition is $19.99 as well btw. Maybe some day when I have more time.