By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Classic Final Fantasy (I-X) fans, come post

Tagged games:

I noticed some of us like the older final fantasies and have had a difficult time moving past FF X (XII and onward). This thread is dedicated to the fans of the series in its Squaresoft days.

Some pics for memory, to lube the conversation:

This is going to be a free thread, so just talk about whatever you want to, whatever you liked about your favorite games in the classic series.

BG Music:

Around the Network

Wow, it's like this thread was created for me.... having said that I never played the NES games, but FFIV to X were awesome to differing degrees.

X Fan for life!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I love them all, except VIII which I loathe, and X which I find very forgettable and bland - and an omen of things to come (XIII... brrrr)

Favorites: VI and IX, as it should be :). IV is also great.

But the REAL FF is about to come! 

Bravely Default Flying Fairy

VicViper said:
I love them all, except VIII which I loathe, and X which I find very forgettable and bland - and an omen of things to come (XIII... brrrr)

HEATHEN!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
VicViper said:

HEATHEN!!

Sorry, I take back the forgettable... some things about it are impossible to forget! :)

But it's not a bad game - only VIII is for me.

Ajescent said:
X Fan for life!

Right on!

Happydolphin, I know you want to create a mood, but can you turn off that auto-play video in this thread? I believe most people (me included) find those things annoying, everytime you post, reload, edit your posts... BANG Crystal Theme

Let's try to keep the mood in this thread, and keep the games we don't like personal, and post what we do like about our favorites, and at times if needed post constructive criticism on our favs too, without going too far.

One of my favorite moments in the final fantasy games is Final Fantasy IV, in the Lunar Underground, the path to the last boss was difficult and epic. If you died, you had to start all over from the beginning of the chamber. It also helped that the music was sublime (was it the same music as in the giant of babil?).

Wiibox3, where are you and your dark alter ego??

Here's another FFIV moment I love (Cecil becomes a Paladin):

VicViper: Your wish is my command.

@happydolphin - As I was saying, I would really love if Square went out on a limb and used Yoshitaka Amano art look for the game, now that we have systems that could pull it off.