By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fallout 3 Exe. Prod. says games "not even close" to using ps3's power.

This article was a pretty cool read and ps3 owners and graphic whores like myself should be excited to read it.  Many different developers in this article commenting on the future games of the ps3.

This paragraph is of particular interest:

"Fallout 3’s Executive Producer Todd Howard - from Oblivion developer Bethesda - understands that PS3 “has more than enough power. No single game is using it all yet - not even close”. Back at E3 in July ‘07, Mercenaries 2 Lead Designer Scott Warner claimed their game was only using 30% of PS3’s power - while EA’s Chief Visual Officer Glenn Entis claimed their launch games like Fight Night 3 only tapped 20%. The figures sound hokum, but it wasn’t until five years into PS2’s life cycle that games tapped even 90% of its power - a statistic measured by Sony’s Performance Analyser tools, yet to be released on PS3."

Source:http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/features/article.jsp?articleId=20071220152324335039&releaseId=20060314115917309058&sectionId=1003&pageId=20071220154913507078

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Around the Network

This thread is going to hell soon.

yes it is interesting,
but well,

but we want game !

Time to Work !

This is why I say crysis can run on consoles.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Yep.......right into Hell, where flames abound

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
This thread is going to hell soon.

Lol...too bad Leo-J isn't around to rile people up.

I could care less though...I like all three consoles and am happy when good news comes in for any of them.

Positive news for Sony = Positive news for Me

Positive news for 360 = Positive news for Me

Positive news for Wii = Positive news for Me...

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

While I obviously can't contradict what they are saying (nor do I care enough to do so anyway), but how exactly are they coming up with these figures?

Also, this topic was discussed months ago and could very well be correct, but whats the point of a 1000 horse power engine, if you can only use 100 of it? There's something to be said about power potential, but if you make it so hard to get at it, not many people will bother unless there's some profit to be made. This isn't like the PS2, where it ran so rampant that all developers needed to get a handle on it.

By the way, contrary to popular opinion, threads don't get flamed because of good PS3 news (at least not all the time). The problem lies with the immediate and predictable reactions from both PS3 fans and PS3 detractors...

I think fanboyism has called down a bit. All three consoles do something right. PS3 is more the overkill, but will excel later on. The Xbox360 has the perfect balance of advanced technology and simplicity for developers. The Wii has been the most innovative in terms of interaction with the consumers.

But all three have their strengths.

@kytaira

" a statistic measured by Sony’s Performance Analyser tools"

Just read the topic again =D

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I don't care how much power Fallout 3 uses... Just don't mess up the franchise, you bastard. I really don't trust Bethesda's ability to remain true to the Fallout name... They're not exactly known for their acerbic wit.

I'm sure the gameplay will be great but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fallout 3 turns out to be a soulless shell of the former games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/