By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you run a different persona here than elsewhere?

Tagged games:

You have a different persona for here?

yes 8 27.59%

no 17 58.62%

see results 4 13.79%

Total:29

Do you behave differently from one place to another?

Around the Network

Strangely I do behave slightly different from site to site.

I behave everywhere except here as i normally do. Here i post very conservatively.

I bahave the same wherever, even in person I am like this, although less outspoken about certain subjects, because obviously internet = annonymous so it doesn't have the same effects as if you were talking with people you know in person.

Yes...I'm less of a dick in real life.

Around the Network

Yes, here i am the girlish sextoy.

In real life I am a manly man.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Actually my alias JoelCool7 is used on all sites. Also my views and what I say is the same regardless of site. Do I behave differently actually no, even if Mod's on some sites or administrators (Journalists) disagree with me I always stand my ground. I accept fault only when I actually mess up which I do, do.

However I was banned from 1UP when I called a few of their journalists (Journalistic integrity) into to question following heavy anti-Nintendo bias.

Much like here where I clash with some users. I do not back down from a debate, I try not to let debates turn into fights. But I never quitely allow for users to insult or talk down about my beliefs. If I see a user under fire for similiar beliefs I always quickly join in.

Also in real life you will find I mirror my online persona. All the poltical and gaming views and such are my real views. Though I sometimes debate topics I disagree with, my core beliefs are identical!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

izaaz101 said:
Yes...I'm less of a dick in real life.

thats interesting...im actually nicer on the internet.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Yes. Two years ago, I was all kinds of awesome. I got a new job in 2009 and suddenly, I feel socially awkward, less sexy, and actually kind of quiet. I went from being a big fish in a small pond to just being another fish. For all of my experiences and knowledge, I'm just average in the real world--in fact, sometimes I feel pretty stupid.

Who knew?

Joelcool7 said:

Actually my alias JoelCool7 is used on all sites. Also my views and what I say is the same regardless of site. Do I behave differently actually no, even if Mod's on some sites or administrators (Journalists) disagree with me I always stand my ground. I accept fault only when I actually mess up which I do, do.

However I was banned from 1UP when I called a few of their journalists (Journalistic integrity) into to question following heavy anti-Nintendo bias.

Much like here where I clash with some users. I do not back down from a debate, I try not to let debates turn into fights. But I never quitely allow for users to insult or talk down about my beliefs. If I see a user under fire for similiar beliefs I always quickly join in.

Also in real life you will find I mirror my online persona. All the poltical and gaming views and such are my real views. Though I sometimes debate topics I disagree with, my core beliefs are identical!

So you always give long drawn out explanations in real life 2?