By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2010 Sales and Market Share Update to May 15th.

Thanx kowen! So, when do you think 360 will have positive YoY figures?

Around the Network

GO PS3!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@kowenicki

how quickly will ps3 go down to 0% up YOY after the slim launch ina comparable timeframe? (say PS3 does 15% above 2008 numbers for this holiday)

kowenicki said:
djs said:

absolutely no idea...

perhaps August/September ?

This could well end up the best year for 360 so far. If natal works fine.

Ps3 is kicking it rather nicely

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kowenicki

how quickly will ps3 go down to 0% up YOY after the slim launch ina comparable timeframe? (say PS3 does 15% above 2008 numbers for this holiday)

It will lose about 650k in just two weeks:  weeks ending 7th Sept and 14th Sept

then around 50k to 60k per week I reckon for around 7 or 8 weeks... but then you are into pre holiday numbers.... anything could happen.

so they will lose between 1 and 1.3m of whatever improvement they have garnered by then.

wow thanks for doing the calculations

right so they COULD still end up YOY. Thats good to hear. Of course GT5 spike will help PS3 a lot....but last decembers FF13 spike of like 150K - 200K consoles will make it lose a lot again

lets see it'll be very interesting!

@CGI

lol if that happens.......15 Million confirmed for the year!!

djs said:
kowenicki said:
djs said:

absolutely no idea...

a big 'if'. I think xbox's success this year rest mainly on Halo Reach.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
djs said:
kowenicki said:
djs said:

absolutely no idea...

a big 'if'. I think xbox's success this year rest mainly on Halo Reach.

Is that so when Halo Reach comes out and it does absoloutely nothing for hardware (and it won't) you can say ooh xbox is failing.

Ridiculous to think Reach will have more impact than Natal this holiday ...

kowenicki said:

then around 50k to 60k per week I reckon for around 7 or 8 weeks... but then you are into pre holiday numbers.... anything could happen.

so they will lose between 1 and 1.3m of whatever improvement they have garnered by then.

Depends on the influence of Move. If it works, it could soften the drop by the slim introduction quite a bit..(and Sony seems to think so, given they manufacture 2mio units more this fj).

kowenicki said:
drkohler said:
kowenicki said:

Depends on the influence of Move. If it works, it could soften the drop by the slim introduction quite a bit..(and Sony seems to think so, given they manufacture 2mio units more this fj

the slim sold nearly 1 million units in a 2 week period at the start of september...

Move wont do anything remotely like that... nowhere near.

That is not relevant in the long term (and nobody at Sony thinks that Move will level out the slim launch). Of course the gap will be big in the first two weeks, when everybody "had" to get the slim last year. However, if move pushes up demand by say, 10%, over all weeks into fj 2011, then we look at somethng like:

up to September +2mio

slim influence the first weeks +move influence -1.5mio

move influence after that + 1mio

These are my rudimentary estimates, which would give a +1.5mio units sale increase (again, Sony thinks more optimistic with +2mio units manufactured).