By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamecube and Wii games are playable in stereoscopic 3D and 1080p...

...on the PC.

This can be achieved using Nvidia 3D vision and an fish-named(mammal) emulator, as well as a quad core monster PC and ISO files of your legally purchased GC/Wii games.

I was playing around with this earlier today and I want to report that I am very impressed with these 2 things:

1. Impressed with how close GC/Wii emulation is to perfection. I mean other than the sound effects being off at times...

2. Impressed at how good these games look @ 1080p and at how amazing the 3D quality the games are producing - like we are talking Metroid Prime 3 @ 1080p and 60 hz per eye with great 3D depth and even some pop out of your TV particle effects. Its like Retro studios knew...that some day 3D will take off.

And here is the best part. The emulator supports the Xbox360 controller to be used (or any other PC controller) and...using the bluetooth adapter for the computer...it supports a Wiimote and all of its functionalities.

Yeah...Wii HD already came out mr Pachter. :)

Around the Network

What is your set up like? making me jealous I couldn't spring for a powerful enough pc for 3d this time around, can't wait for my next one.

lol how powerful does my PC need to be ??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I don't really care about 3D, I just want to play Twilight princess in something other than 480P :P yay!

There is not an emulator named after a fish last I checked. Barring some strange upstart emulator I think you need a refresher course on the various classifications of animals. Specifically mammal vs fish.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I knew wii emulation had started up, glad to see its come so far in such little time.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

What sort of PC hardwere have you got?
I can't run metroid prime1 at more than 1-5fps....and it crashes after a little time.....I've got an Intel Core2 T8800 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram DDR2 733Mhz and a Geforce 8800GT. I know, it's not a top-level hardwere, but it can still run most PC games very well. The only game I've tried, that runs quite well on dolphin is WindWaker, but it still has a lot of slowdowns and sometimes it crashes.

when i think of games, pc`s arnt included.

im happy for someone who enjoys pc gaming but its something not for me.

lol thats another disagreement disol you can put on the tally!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Win7
3GB ram DDR2 688Mhz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Mobile
Core 2 Duo 2.7Ghz

Is it enough? Also, I can put the Wii games inside the DVD rom and it will read it?

Do I need to put the sensor bar below or above my monitor so the pointer funcionality is in the emulator?

Bamboleo said:
Win7
3GB ram DDR2 688Mhz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Mobile
Core 2 Duo 2.7Ghz

Is it enough? Also, I can put the Wii games inside the DVD rom and it will read it?

Do I need to put the sensor bar below or above my monitor so the pointer funcionality is in the emulator?

We have a quite similar hardwere configuration, I've tried some games, most of em' won't run well and have issues, and no you can't run your Wiigames directly from your DVD drive, you have to download the ISO, making the ISO by yourself is also difficult, since the DVD drive won't recognize the disc ,you would have to modify the drive to do that, so it's quite complicate.

Personally, if you are curious, I suggest you to download WindWaker, it works quite well and looks very good in high-definition.