By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Music Game Redux - Round 2

_____________________________________RULES__________________________________________

This is round 2 of the reboot for the game music competition originally created by zexen_lowe. (See round information for part of the reason for the reboot.) All you have to do is guess which games these 10 songs belong to. 1 point is given for every correct guess, 0.5 points for guessing the series, but not the game. No points are deducted for guessing wrong. In the event a song is used in more than 1 game, the full point will be awarded for naming any game it is from.

Send your guesses in a PM to me. Please DO NOT post them in the topic for everyone to see. Feel free to guess only the ones you know, as long as you tell me in the first PM that you plan to submit more answers later. I will post a score league table every time I get a PM. Don't spoil it. Results for all rounds will be collated here.

_______________________________ROUND INFORMATION__________________________________

Round 2's theme is Nintendo. The songs used are not necessarily from games published/developed by Nintendo but from games that are or were once exclusively available on a Nintendo consoles. The audio file can be found here.

Also, this round is much easier than my previous ones.

___________________________________ROUND STATS______________________________________

Current round scores (please note that some scores may increase later due to pending answers):

ClaudeLv250 - 8.5

dunno001 - 8

SHMUPGurus - 6.5

TheSwordUser - 6
Johnny B - 6 

Soleron - 5.5

Cactus - 5

Majin-Tenshinhan - 4

dtewi - 3.5
elprincipe - 3.5 

r505Matt - 3
SaviorX - 3 

Fab_GS - 2

Number of times songs were correctly guessed:

Song #1 -- 13

Song #2 -- 8 (+2 series guess)

Song #3 -- 6

Song #4 -- 1

Song #5 -- 9

Song #6 -- 3 (+5 series guess)

Song #7 -- 3

Song #8 -- 4 (+2 series guess)

Song #9 -- 3 (+6 series guess)

Song #10 -- 8 (+1 series guess)

_________________________________PREVIOUS ROUNDS____________________________________

Round 1 by zexen_lowe

Round 2 by Soleron

Round 3 by Cactus

Round 4 by zexen_lowe

Round 5 by c0rd

Round 6 by Cactus

Round 7 by SHMUPGurus

Round 8 by zexen_lowe

Round 9 by Cactus

Round 10 by TopCat8

Round 11 by Son1x

Round 12 by dunno001

Round 13 by Cactus

Round 14 by Son1x

Round 15 by dunno001

Redux Round 1 by dunno001

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

Your fault for getting #5 stuck in my head! :P

Yeah, a few of these are easy, and I know I know a few more; I'm going to take a bit of time to mull those over. (And mark this for easier finding...)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Tagged =) can't wait to get home and hear the clips.

Sent mine. I'll send my guesses later.

Tagging this for later.

Around the Network
Fab_GS said:

You sent the guesses but will send them later?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
Fab_GS said:

ROFL. But you know what I meant.

Fab_GS said:
Son1x said:
Fab_GS said:

I don't actualy, lol.

I thought you meant something like "Sent mine, I'll send some more guesses later." but since I didn't get any PM's that can't be it.

I guess its "Son1x, you are awesome. I'll send my guesses later."

Son1x said:
Fab_GS said:
Son1x said:
Fab_GS said:

I don't actualy, lol.

I thought you meant something like "Sent mine, I'll send some more guesses later." but since I didn't get any PM's that can't be it.

I guess its "Son1x, you are awesome. I'll send my guesses later."

Yup. that's it.

Apparently, I forgot to send the PM with a subject.

Hehe. You got 2 so far

Today's news: TheSwordUser will be hosting round 3.